Arrived To The Boat Last Night

Chris and I arrived at the boat about 9.45 we would have been earlier if the A47 had not been closed last night, we had to go via Norwich and the posted directions were very poor. By the look of it the cones are still there so maybe they will close it again tonight.

Up early this morning, I was trying to get emails from 6.00am sadly I could not login to the WIFI. We were in Morrisons at Beccles by 8.30  after having some breakfast.

All squared away but the fridge is very full, I guess we had better have lunch soon.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Alan do you know how long the A47 will be closed?

They are doing some resurfacing from the Postwick Viaduct towards Brundall.  Not sure but there may be overnight closures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

They are doing some resurfacing from the Postwick Viaduct towards Brundall.  Not sure but there may be overnight closures.

Exactly, drove along it a few minutes ago. Overnight closure to resurface both lanes but didn`t see any signs saying between what times.

• Thanks 1

Hope you have a fabulous time being back on board.

Have you got the same rain as we have here in Wroxham?

Where are you moored tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

We moored at Rockland St. Mary on Tuesday night, there was only one other space left after we arrived, all the electric point moorings were full, so we moored on the opposite side. Steak, roast carrots, potatoes and vegetables for tea. plenty of rain through the night. We watched a DVD before going to bed.

We set off Wednesday morning for Bramerton and managed to get in at the moorings. Chris did some fishing off of the back of the boat whilst I made tea,  meat & potato pie plenty of rain again a couple of beers, a DVD, I ended up prodding Chris who had nodded off during the film (it was a bit dire) he made a drink to wake himself up before going to bed.

We headed back to the marina on Thursday morning after breakfast, one of our fellow owners was calling in with her twin sister who wanted to look around the boat, they are thinking of purchasing one of the shares for sale. The couple liked the boat and we exchanged details with the view of me contacting them on my return home. It was a little after 12.30 when we set off for Loddon, after I took the boat out of the marina Chris took over the helm until we arrived at the mouth of the river Chet, I had only  travelled a short distance before the rain came down again. we arrived into the staithe and found one of the two empty spaces, someone took a line for us, it turned out to be a visiting Chaplin who was welcoming all of the boats. Pasty and beans for a late lunch with some French bread. Chris again fished this time from the front of the boat whist I prepared tea, sliced potatoes done in the oven, chopped up sausages and bacon. Plum tomatoes chopped and put into dishes with cooked off carrots and chopped mini corns, topped off with the bacon and sausage and the cooked potato slices liberally covered in grated cheese, popped back into the oven to reheat al the ingredients. I called Chris in and we ate our meal whilst watching two DVD's. We had another early night.

Friday morning I decided to make poached eggs on toast for breakfast and followed by fruit for myself, Chris had another slice of toast with marmalade. Chris fished again in the morning whilst I went up to the Co-op. We had an early lunch before setting back to Brundall. We had to be back in the marina before 9.00 am on Saturday morning so I can give one of our owners who bought into the syndicate last year some training. tonight's tea already prepared, it just needs cooking, new potatoes, veg, a large cheese filled mushroom for Chris and Gammon steaks.

More later.

Regards

Alan

• Like 6

Saturday morning Terry one of our owners who bought into the syndicate last year eventually come to the boat for training which was delayed because of the lockdown. 

We had a short refresher talk about the boat and went onto the river to do some practice mooring starting with Brooms Fuel station. We spend about 6 hours on the river mooring where practical. We travelled to the railway bridge outside of Norwich before heading back, we went passed Tingdene and called in at Rockland staithe for a couple of pints outside the New Inn (our first and last pub visit during our week on the boat. 

After dropping Terry off at the marina we went up to Rockland St. Mary but there was no room left so we moored at the mooring just through the broad. Chris did a little bit of fishing while I made tea (heated up a couple of Cornish pasties) the usual DVD and early to bed.

I awoke at 5.20 am to the sound of Chris's clogs on the upper helm bu stayed in bed till almost 7.00 am. Breakfast and then we set off to Loddon. Chris had no luck with the fishing this morning and I am turning into a fishing widow! We got into Loddon about 11.00 am and moored at the staithe. A number of boats arrived and departed and a large New Richardson's came into the staithe, we walked them into the space next to us after a group of fishermen would not move to let them into the space at the end.We got chatting as you do and were offered a beer but we had just pored a couple of glasses. 

A couple of cyclists who were visiting the Staite after cycling about 10 miles from their camper van location spotted the name of our boat, they had seen it advertised on Ebay Classified. we chatted and offered to show them the boat. I am happy to report that they are going to buy into the syndicate, that is two shares sold this week. A bacon joint, jacket potatoes, veg and two Yorkshire puddings each for tea. Chris had been trying to fish but had a few nibbles but did not get any fish. 

Monday morning we set off for the boat and on arrival to Brundall we left the boat and headed into Wroxham to do a little shopping and called into Kens for a couple of specials, very good they were, I had cod and Chris had haddock. Back to the boat it was cleaning the inside and outside of the boat. 

Tuesday morning we went to the Brooms fuel station to refuel and have the toilet tanks pumped out. we were back in the marina by 9.30 am to start our sanitation of the boat. 3 hours later we left the boat and had lunch at the bistro out on the decking before our journey back to Sheffield.#

We had a good time, it was always warm but a little damp at times and it is only three weeks until I am back on the boat.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1