Illusion Or Reflection

20 minutes ago, grendel said:

its quite normal, boats go up for sale mid season, but are not available until the end of season

Yes, but I have booked for next season! To be fair though I can see that other yards do the same thing, I just wonder what they would do if they had bookings for next year.

8 minutes ago, Matthew12 said:

Silver mystique us alpha 29 or 32 cc is 50k a lot of money for a small boat

The difference may well be that unlike most ex-hire boats they will be handed over to their new owners in private boat condition.

It shows the Dye's pride in their fleet that every boat in the fleet has a different name, even if of the same class.

Found this on You tube

Fred

14 minutes ago, Matthew12 said:

Silver mystique us alpha 29 or 32 cc is 50k a lot of money for a small boat

It's an Alpha 29CC, but one of not that many, 3 of which are in Silverline's fleet. We have the sister boat, the newly refitted (after a little accident...) Silver Mystique on hire in August and to be honest I can't think of a better boat for 2. My opinion may change after the holiday, but having had Broom sedans and Sumatras a couple of times, the Alpha seems like the best choice for a couple, for me at least. £65k is a looooot of money though I agree, but as Trambo said, the way Silverline maintain their fleet means you'll be getting a boat that may as well be new, plus it'll have bow thrusters and full 240v system as standard. If I had £65k burning a hole in my pocket I'd consider it.

But then again you could buy an old Aquafibre that sleeps 8 for 9 for less than half of that! :default_laugh:

17 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

Do you know what they are planning to build?

Now you`re asking, I barely know one boat from another however they looked liked a slightly smaller version of the boat shown in the Waveney River Center photo found in the list of sponsors >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know the air draft (draught?) for Silver Reflection? The Hoseasons website says it won't go under PH bridge, but doesn't say the actual height. The Silverline page only shows length and beam.

I am wondering if we will get under Thorpe Rail bridges and Beccles old bridge. I don't think I have ever been to Geldeston and I would like to if I can.

Thanks,

David

5 minutes ago, Davydine said:

the air draft (draught?) for Silver Reflection?

Looks like an Alpha 42 - can't give an exact answer but I would guess 7 feet. I think Potter would be a no no but no problem with Thorpe and Beccles apart from high tide, both have a good range. 

• Thanks 1

Depending on the river levels, I think you may get under Thorpe rail bridges with the canopy and screens lowered, however you may find yourself there for longer than you may wish as I can imagine the window for negotiating them will not be too long.  As far as Beccles is concerned, I’m sure it will pass under that.  The issue with Potter and to a slightly lesser extent, Wroxham, is the shape.  Beccles not being an arch, make passage easier depending on your boats airdraft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone, we have booked her at the end of March and based on tide times and sunrise/sunset times we are planning on staying down south (don’t worry we will be “up north” in May!)

It is Spring tides when we are there, so hopefully there will be plenty of clearance at low water and for an hour or two either side.

Ah, apologies all, not very good with this attachment stuff - but yes, plenty of room under Beccles - it can be six eight ish at high tide but does drop a good couple of feet. Been under loads of times particularly with Swan Royale which is a shorter version but roughly similar air draught I would think. Lovely stretch of river.