Tv Licenses For The Over 75s

Hylander

I had cable TV installed just before Christmas. The first time I've had TV in the house for fifteen years. I watched the TV the day after it was installed. Celebrity this, celebrity that (no one with any talent or skill), Police Intercept this and Police Intercept that. Comedy shows twenty years past their sell by date that were never all that funny in the first place, including reruns of 'topical news comedy' that would have been funny five years ago but topicality has a shelf life. Factually incorrect documentaries and reality shows featuring a parade of half wits and numpties glorying in their own ineptitude, stupidity and mediocrity, the shows presented in makeshift studios ranging from tents to sheds and store cupboards, fronted by former alternative comedians now turned mainstream enjoying the money but with a look of 'kill me now'  on their faces.

I flicked forward through the programme planner to see what the thousand plus channels had scheduled for the coming months. The same. More of same. I turned off the television and cable TV box. Rang the cable company and arranged to have the TV package cancelled. Who knows, I might try it again in another fifteen years...but I doubt it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Timbo said:

I had cable TV installed just before Christmas. The first time I've had TV in the house for fifteen years. I watched the TV the day after it was installed. Celebrity this, celebrity that (no one with any talent or skill), Police Intercept this and Police Intercept that. Comedy shows twenty years past their sell by date that were never all that funny in the first place, including reruns of 'topical news comedy' that would have been funny five years ago but topicality has a shelf life. Factually incorrect documentaries and reality shows featuring a parade of half wits and numpties glorying in their own ineptitude, stupidity and mediocrity, the shows presented in makeshift studios ranging from tents to sheds and store cupboards, fronted by former alternative comedians now turned mainstream enjoying the money but with a look of 'kill me now'  on their faces.

I flicked forward through the programme planner to see what the thousand plus channels had scheduled for the coming months. The same. More of same. I turned off the television and cable TV box. Rang the cable company and arranged to have the TV package cancelled. Who knows, I might try it again in another fifteen years...but I doubt it.

Hi Tim there is nothing worse than another repeat of "I Love Lucy" and never a repeat of "Mr Head" You did well to cancel the subscription.

Regards

Alan