Bounty 37 - Golden Lance

Has just been put up for sale.  Owned by Brian and his wife for over 20 years and all that time kept in the wetshed at Richos.

They are selling her as they are now both in their 80's and feel they are not using her as much as they would like.  I have no vested interest in the sale.

Anyroadup herewith:-

Built in 1975, BMC 1:5 with a PRM box.  Converted to two double berths, 1 x w/c, 1 x Shwr, 4 x burner oven and grill, 12v digital fridge, Full internal and external inventory, Eberspacher 4kw, 150w solar panel, dual charge battery banks, 240v shore power, Fwd and Aft canopies.  I walk past Golden Lance every time I'm in the wetshed. to my eye she is kept immaculate inside and out.  May/June of this year was surveyed antifouled and hull painted.  Asking price is £28k  You can contact Brian on 07754 037690

Griff

BA NBN 831.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

They looked  rammed in together not room for fenders?

John 

Suppose it there's no room for them to move they won't need fenders :default_laugh:

Looks like a lovely boat Griff. Forward steerers aren't my favourite kind of boat, but I can always appreciate a boat that's been well looked after, and I've certainly got some lovely memories on old hire Bounties.

A lot of people prefer the Bounty 37 without the sliding canopy as there is much less draught in the off season.  The sunroof is quite adequate in hot weather, when you want a bit of shade, anyway!

A PRM gearbox must mean it is a centre engine on a shaft drive and this is also a good combination.  The early hydraulic drives were not very efficient in horsepower.  It also leaves a lot of storage space in what would have been the engine space, under the aft deck.  Looks a nice boat.

• Like 1

I would be very interested in that if we were boat hunting. As Vaughan said, the sunroof rather than the full canopy creates far less draught and in fact makes for comfortable cruising all year round. Really does look as if it’s been well cared for. I doubt it will take long to sell. 

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

A lot of people prefer the Bounty 37 without the sliding canopy as there is much less draught in the off season.  The sunroof is quite adequate in hot weather, when you want a bit of shade, anyway!

Bringing the front canopy along the sides to cover the little quarter light windows makes a massive difference and I`m sure you know about plugging the other channels to stop the draughts.

34 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Bringing the front canopy along the sides to cover the little quarter light windows makes a massive difference and I`m sure you know about plugging the other channels to stop the draughts.

Suit yourself! The original Solar 37 design was provided with two options. 

27 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

I had a little look at her last week , obviously a much loved and cared for craft.

If Katie and I were ready for a single level boat we would certainly snap her up 

You know what it is like, when you are looking for one it is hard to find a good solid one then six months after you buy three or four nice examples come along! :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Update:-

Golden Lance now sold. Apparently for the full asking price 

Griff

Very surprising concerning the state of play at the moment with selling things. You would think if you offered 10% less of the asking price at the moment, the seller would jump for it. Obviously the buyer knew he was getting a good deal.

5 minutes ago, Upcycler said:

Very surprising concerning the state of play at the moment with selling things. You would think if you offered 10% less of the asking price at the moment, the seller would jump for it. Obviously the buyer knew he was getting a good deal.

Without knowing the full in`s & out`s who`s to know what the exact details are.

• Like 1

You try and buy a decent secondhand motor home at the moment - the secondhand hand boat market similarly is alive and well despite OBB's fears.   NYA have hardly any decent stock left and stuff is flying off the shelf as the post indicates

NBS in Wroxham have just sold a well worn Diamond 35, an old Benmore which has been for sale for many a long year - oK BB might have needed the cash to tide them over but it was pretty fully priced!!

6 minutes ago, marshman said:

You try and buy a decent secondhand motor home at the moment - the secondhand hand boat market similarly is alive and well despite OBB's fears.   NYA have hardly any decent stock left and stuff is flying off the shelf as the post indicates

NBS in Wroxham have just sold a well worn Diamond 35, an old Benmore which has been for sale for many a long year - oK BB might have needed the cash to tide them over but it was pretty fully priced!!

What fears would they be?

I think he may have been referring to another poster???

My sense is that the market is very lively. Possibly pent up demand from the lockdown? People asking advice about buying boats are coming out of the woodwork too. Any half decent Broads boat seems to vanish very quickly. Probably why Griff's friends boat sold rapidly - good practical boat in good condition. 

12 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

I think he may have been referring to another poster???

Which may have been me.

I am reminded that the show is not over until the fat lady sings.  How long this show will run, we don't yet know.  This winter and next spring may show a very different picture.  That is, if previous recessions are a guide?

• Like 1

That's very true, it certainly seems busy at the moment, fine weather, relaxing lockdown, pent up demand but indeed come the winter and if we get bitten financially demand could indeed go the other way. The boating industry does have its twists and turns. 

Mind you I'll be down cash in hand when the lottery comes up this weekend  :default_biggrin: