Any Excuse

Guest mariotech

As can be seen from this footage Breydon shows why Breydon is ideal for testing boats - Baz is down to one engine after opening up, an issue that wont be found at river speeds.

Henry on the other hand is looking good. :wave

Guess what you consider "speed" is - 17 1/2 knots is hardly stuff of Donald Campbell

What a fantastic illustration of why Breydon is so important in the safety of life at sea for Broads/Sea boaters.

Agree 100% with Wayne that Baz would not have found this problem until outside of Port. OK this one may not have been life threatening but if the other engine was to stop as well it could well be.

Couldn't agree more guys,

Hey Smelly......

Speed always needs control doesnt it?.........but only by going at speed, carefully, do you learn control..........

Careful considerate people is what we need on Breydon.............at whatever speed.

Hey wot no smilie with a wooden spoon?? :naughty::naughty:

As can be seen from this footage Breydon shows why Breydon is ideal for testing boats - Baz is down to one engine after opening up, an issue that wont be found at river speeds.

Henry on the other hand is looking good. :wave

Guess what you consider "speed" is - 17 1/2 knots is hardly stuff of Donald Campbell

isn't somebody on the wrong side of the posts :naughty::naughty:

Jonny

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Couldn't agree more guys,

Hey Smelly......

Speed always needs control doesnt it?.........but only by going at speed, carefully, do you learn control..........

Careful considerate people is what we need on Breydon.............at whatever speed.

Hey wot no smilie with a wooden spoon?? :naughty::naughty:

I wonder if you`d think the same of that statement if i came past you on a motorway at 120plus mph on my bike.

I am guessing that video footage like that will provide evidence that Breydon needs speed control?

All seems a bit "hooray Henry" to me! :pirate

hyb,

Because I was on one engine I could only do 11 knots with the tide and look at the size or the wash large I would say.

Had I had both engines I would have been doing 20+ knots with far less wash and still not as fast as a reidential area on the road so plenty of time to look at whats ahead.

In fact if my boat did 50 knots (I wish) there would be very little wash as there would not be much hull in the water and probably less than some of the river boats around as they come past my moorings flat out and i mean some not all.

I cannot see a reason for speed control on breydon waters unless of coarse your names victor meldrew or somthing like that

In all honesty Neil, yes i would think the same!

Careful and considerate being the operative words!!

We do learn how to handle speed through experience..... fast or slow........lets face it, if you have a bike that is capable of those speeds, given the chance are you saying you wouldn't open her up??.......You didn't say where the motorway was, there's not a speed limit everywhere!!

I wonder if you`d think the same of that statement if i came past you on a motorway at 120plus mph on my bike.

Thats 2nd gear still on your bike you still have 4 more.

Also 120mph or flat out about 168mph on the 955i is a bit more than 19 mph dont you think even though its on water.

I am guessing that video footage like that will provide evidence that Breydon needs speed control?

All seems a bit "hooray Henry" to me! :pirate

You do talk some RUBBISH smelly

But don't worry Hooray Henry is coming to get ya :grin:

post-442-13671379329_thumb.png

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
In all honesty Neil, yes i would think the same!

Careful and considerate being the operative words!!

We do learn how to handle speed through experience..... fast or slow........lets face it, if you have a bike that is capable of those speeds, given the chance are you saying you wouldn't open her up??.......You didn't say where the motorway was, there's not a speed limit everywhere!!

Thank god. It`s nice to hear someone else who thinks speed is NOT nessecarily dangerous :clap:clap .

After having read through the comments about speeding on Breydon Water, The only thing i think is a shame, is that it would seem that it has to be justified.

There is no speed limit on Breydon & common sense says to be respectful to other boat owners. Thats it.

If there was a re occuring problem of High Performance boats travelling 80 mph, then i guess you would need to have a limit, but i'm not aware of this happening. I beleive that Boat owners & people that hire should be aware of the extra dangers crossing Breydon and should be responsible for their own actions regarding their safety.

When i am crossing Breydon, i expect waves or wash, so therefore i don't get the Kettle on for a cuppa, leave items in the cabin that can fall onto the floor or let my son climb all over the front of the boat.

If i did any of the above, then the consequences are down to me.