'slumboats'

Poppy

I think anyone brandishing an AK around Windsor Great Park would be shot on sight!

Mind you, against the Army's present - day SA80, they might well win the skirmish!  Give me the old SLR any day.  Or even better, the Lee - Enfield .303.

• Like 2

Tiny irrelevant point however Datchet side is Home Park and Ascot side is Great Park but yes you would be shot at on sight in either park carrying anything more than an umbrella. Wonder if the old firing range is still there in the Great Park, used to pick up spent shell casings when I was a kid so guess they were from the Lee Enfields.

WE rescued the occasional broken down boat so I had a couple of conversations with them over the years, they were in civvies and I never saw any guns so whatever they had was concealed.  Most conversations consisted of them saying " you need to move that boat NOW" !

• Like 1

Last autumn we did a river borne survey of the Spelthorne section of the Thames (all 12 miles I think) and it was noticeable that there were far more "problem" boats on the other (south) side than "our" bank. Maybe things are changing

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I think anyone brandishing an AK around Windsor Great Park would be shot on sight!

Mind you, against the Army's present - day SA80, they might well win the skirmish!  Give me the old SLR any day.  Or even better, the Lee - Enfield .303.

You’ll be wanting a Winchester next! 

• Haha 1

Punt gun ?

Seriously, I have a good friend who lives on a canal boat. The love and hard work he puts into that would put most of us to shame. No problem with people who want to live on the water, as long as they are considerate to their surroundings and others.

As the saying goes: Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints ( maybe that should be ripples )

• Like 1

No issues with those who live cleanly, resoectfully and lawfully on their boat, it's those that don't that I think many of us have a problem with.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

• 8 months later...