Planning Row near Norwich

quo vadis

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I object to that, Jonny. Mary-Jane and I have worked bloody hard all our lives to save up enough money to afford our "lush Alpha".

Get off your horse about the "moneyed people" and get real.....

:clap:clap:clap:clap Karen and i work damn hard and i sometimes work in excess of 60 hours a week, and we STILL can`t afford our dream :cry:cry:cry:cry . Look after her John, (and Mary Jane ;);) ) as you`ve earned the rite to enjoy the spoils of your hard work. Regartds and best wishes to you both .................. Neil and Karen.

I object to that, Jonny. Mary-Jane and I have worked bloody hard all our lives to save up enough money to afford our "lush Alpha".

Get off your horse about the "moneyed people" and get real.....

john i was trying to make you see it from there point of view if you were in there shoes...

thats all nothing meant by it :roll:

Jonny

Yep, I was at the Rushcutters on Tuesday and the superstructure was being dismantled.

What ever the rights and wrongs I feel for the owners. There is nothing worse than having to dismantal something you've built. I guess if it were on the Medway it would have been OK.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I remember watching that programme, and it was`nt so much "it was`nt wanted on the Medway", but the owner moved the boat from one mooring to another without the yard owners knowledge or permission, so he was evicted from where it was being converted. On top of that, when the owner arranged for another mooring, he got it in, but failed to make adequate provision for fendering, so it kept banging into the jetty causing damage. That resulted in a legal case which meant the Grand designs team were`nt allowed on to the jetty, and the owner of the barge ws again fighting an eviction order in the courts.

I always wondered where it ended up?. It was a great plan, but extremely poorly built, and had he made a bit more effort and took more advice, he could have made a really nice housebout out of it.

Regards to all ................ Neil.