Comet Neowise

grendel

last night i finally managed to get a picture of this comet, i am hoping for some better pictures once i am on the broads later this week, the comet is due north, just below the big dipped (ursa major) and can be seen as soon as it is dark enough, it should be viewable without binoculars or telescope, here are some images i managed to capture last night from the middle of light polluted canterbury. the lighter image was just after 10.30pm and was a 10 second shot, the darker was obtained at just before 1am and was a 30 second shot, also included cropped selection showing a larger view.

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0424crop.jpg

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0420crop.jpg

• Thanks 2

I spotted it from the ferryhouse friday night, looked to be NNW and pretty low in the sky around 11.00pm, gave the barcrew a shout as they were talking about trying to see it, not long after it clouded over so good timing, not my timing but Tina the dog, she wanted a mooch around the garden to check for any free range chips grazing.(she found plenty) :205_dog:

• Like 1

its good to at least say you have seen it, nowadays naked eye visible comets are few and far between, i think the last really good one was over 10 years ago, a lot of those that are supposed to be good fade out and dont live up to their expectations.

Tried to see it mudweighted on Barton last night but it clouded over in that direction.

The space station was clear and bright though at 11.15 so was a Brucey bonus 

oh and a hire boat had a full blown rave on the opposite bank with full set of coloured flashing lights for good measure 😂

John