Grendels Deferred May Broads Holiday

grendel

Well the last morning has arrived, so far I am awake, I have had coffee, nearly everything is packed, and if I wasn't going to be back on Thursday, I would be starting to miss it already. I have a couple more hours, breakfast will be finishing some things from the fridge, then a final clean throughout, ready for the ten minute cruise around the corner to the boatyard.

• Like 5

breakfast was the last 5 eggs scrambled on toast, followed by the last 2 slices of bread toasted with the last of the marmalade in the jar, 3 less things to pack, just the fridge to empty and the coffee essentials to pack, over the 11 day holiday I managed to get through 1 1/3 bottles of rum in coffee. half an hour left to get that done, put all the bags abnd crates on the bed and sweep the floors and clean the surfaces down

, signing off now as I have to unplug the wireless mifi and pack that too.

• Like 10

well after i had packed up, it was a quick hop round to the boatyard, I had to circle while the boat that had preceded me was shifted forward to give me room, then it was unloading the boat and loading the car, the snagging list was past on, basically the jabasco toilet wa pumping out, but not sucking the river water in, I just used the shower, that did the trick. that  and the wardrobe door where a glued on edging holding the hinges parted company with the rest of the door, this was quickly dealt with when someone from the workshop came dow to sort it out and repair it before the next hire.

then I bumped into someone who had come to say hi and had been reading this tale, sorry I didnt catch your name, but it was good to meet you. 

Next job, download photos and videos.

• Like 6

still downloading, all the photos are done, but the videos, i have one video camera downloaded, but there are 2 more with 64Gb cards, and 2 full 32Gb cards that were swapped out of the cameras, then i have to get them onto youtube.

I've very much enjoyed following your trip, Peter, thanks for posting.

I'd like to give Martham a go one day. To be honest I probably wouldn't have Jayne because I don't like the idea of having to go outside to the washroom. Tumblehome looks lovely but maybe a little too small. I love the look of Jocelyn though price looks high when compared to what I could get for similar money elsewhere. I think I'd pay a premium for guaranteed cruising above Potter though, Martham's USP.

Well after using 7gb of my 20gb data card, i had a whole 3gb left, so i thought i would add another 20gb to the sim, no dice, the o2 website said it was barclays declining payment, barclays said o2 were not putting the request through. so eventually i wandered to the o2 shop and managed to buy a 12gb top up with new sim card, lasting 12 months for £20 less than the online top up of the same amount, oh and video data, still downloading, plus i have had to order extra hard drive storage as i am rapidly filling my last 500Gb of storage, so i have ordered an 8Tb diskstation, which for important data i will set up as a 4Tb Raid array so that the data is backed up, if one hard drive dies the fact it is a raid array allows a replacement to be fitted with no loss of data.

no, just ensuring i have plenty of data storage for all my files, this will pretty much double my existing storage, and setting it up with raid will make that storage more secure. also put a cheeky bid on a 4 drive disk station which may enable me to retire one or more of my workstations, wile a workstation does the same job, the diskstation has lower power requirements.

Ok so Day 2, i have uploaded the first of the videos  there are about 35x 18 minute videos for day 2 so its taking a while to get them into youtube, this day i was running a camera front and back, most of this footage is from above potter heigham bridge.

here is the playlist link

• Like 2

I do have an apology to make, it seems as though the autofocus on some of the videos has decided to focus on the mudweight, rather than the scenery, I have noticed it on some of the videos I have skipped through to add details of where they were taken, that and the rear camera (which I only used this one day, seems to have suffered from vibration, but they are what they are and I am still learning, what they are for day 2 is an almost continuous coverage of my day above potter heigham bridge (so new territory for those who have not managed to get up there before), on subsequent days I was more selective about when I ran the cameras.