Grendels Deferred May Broads Holiday

grendel

good morning everyone, here i was moored up on a wild mooring on the ant, I spent the afternoon relaxed on the boat, reading and watching life and boats pass me by. once night fell it was lovely and peaceful, and I fell asleep before it was properly dark, though i did get some nice sunset pictures and moon pictures. later I woke and as before opened up the roof hatch to watch the glorious heavens, a great display of the milky way once again from my dark location, sadly the comet was just hidden by the trees surrounding the wild mooring.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

The stars were quite spectacular again last night, will the comet be visible again tonight grendel, clouds permitting?

it should be weather permitting, it should be somewhere under the big dipper.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

You nearly met Robin yesterday as he was out onboard 'B.A' on Barton doing a bit of a shake down / trial run with his Sheila who was doing a clean through ready for me n mine due onboard this Friday - Love em both to bits

Griff

i saw his video, and thought, I cant remember seeing them go past, Sheila was all for heading to Acle Bridge., I guess they turned before irstead.

late start this morning, back down the Ant, and a leisurely cruise to Womack Staithe, currently watching two boats undergoing repairs, the richardsons boat needed a new starter battery, and the barnes boat has got 2 vans and they have been working solidy since i arrived about 11 am. i had a leisurely walk to the village, visited the butcher for a pork pie, sausage rolls and some ham and a few rashers of bacon for tomorrows breakfast. as usual stern mooring at the staithe is a bit of a trial with cross winds, i got crooked but had a space one side, so got away with it (with a bit of help from the neighbouring boat who gave a hand with the ropes. still its a lovely day.

• Like 4

Currently I have two boats rafted up across my bow, they decided to call in for water 😂😂😂 at the slowest water point on the broads, all amicably arranged with the greatest of hilarity between all 6 boats in the raft.

IMG_20200729_163927.jpg

• Like 4

I avoid that water point, it's so slow it's almost unuseable.

Peter, re your South Walsham mooring, can I just clarify where exactly you were? I gathered you were in the narrow section between the outer and inner Broad. We're you on the right, as you head towards the inner Broad? 

Currently a wonderful morning, strange though on such a good day, here I am sat in shorts, and no top having been warm all night, yet the cruiser next to me feels the need to fire up their heating, I guess I don't feel the cold.

IMG-20200730-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 3

well for the first time this morning i managed to set off the smoke detector, while i was cooking my bacon (i bought 3 rashers for my breakfast from the butchers), the stupid part about it was that i had the boat well ventilated, every window and hatch open, rear door open and canopy off. it was a very nice bacon sandwich I have to say. next round toast and marmalade.

21 minutes ago, grendel said:

well for the first time this morning i managed to set off the smoke detector, while i was cooking my bacon (i bought 3 rashers for my breakfast from the butchers), the stupid part about it was that i had the boat well ventilated, every window and hatch open, rear door open and canopy off. it was a very nice bacon sandwich I have to say. next round toast and marmalade.

Got any left? I could be there in about 20 mins (drool) :default_biggrin:

Guest Jayfire
22 minutes ago, grendel said:

You be careful with those smoke alarms G. Incidentally, does round toast taste better than a normal slice? :default_smiley-angelic002:

well I have cruised round from womak and am currently moored up at Potter Heigham, only just over about 5'10" showing on the boards, I am just about to phone up the yard for a bridge passage, hopefully sometime in the next half hour. this should be interesting, I am pretty certain we will get through.,

but i am not sure many others will