New Problem And Experience For Me!

New problem and experience for me!

New problem and experience for me! On Friday I was asked by my GP to have a full set of bloods done. Here is where Ian may well sympathise being he is a similar COPD sufferer Like myself. In the evening I recieved another call, please take yourself to hospital asap! I'm now very rattled! Ambulance called as well. It was shock to me to find myself in a bed on the  Coronary care unit.

Seems my blood results were all wonky and in a worrying way! After a couple of days, I was much better, was raise electrto lights! Had a clear ECG but was sproutin three infusions. This seemed to take forever to go, but I did begin to feel better. Failed to address the actual issue I was admitted for. The usual breathless episodes always a bother.

I was discharged the next day with the advice, they needed to give!  me a very large dose though. I also expeienced a spontaneous need tp pee! Not good at the best of times Not interested a not there field. For others to sort. gave me a lomg list of new medication, but, again, none for my existing condition.

Also received another phone call from a much better GP! My other issue was COPD, Again, not an interest to them. hmm,

I was discharged the next day with the advice, they needed to give!  me a very large dose though. I also expeienced a spontaneous need tp pee! Not good at the best of times Not interested a not there field. For others to sort. gave me a lomg list of new medication, but, again, none for my existing condition. Soltution? Fluid Intake,

Also received another phone call from a much better GP! My other issue was COPD, Again, not an interest to them. Now waiting for a visit from the Continence service and District Nurses to have repeat blood tests. Wish me luck, have no wish to go back into Pokey!

• Thanks 1

Wishing you good luck VC. I have COPD and a heart condition as well. They will always treat the heart condition first as changes to your COPD can be a result of your heart condition. There's always the point that you can wheeze for a considerable time but if your heart stops its game over. That's how my GP explained it to me anyway.

I always keep a 'go-bag' at the ready with spare dosettes of my medication, and anything I might need while in hospital...like a chest hair trimmer to stop me coming out looking moth eaten. I always take a notebook to write down any temporary changes in my meds for my pharmacist to give the once over. There have been several occasions when the pharmacist was the first to spot a med change that was the root cause of one of my other symptoms.

I also write down any specific questions I might have about my treatment and  tell the doctors and nurses that I am 'concerned' and would like my specific questions answered. From experience, I've found that if I write the question down it tends to get answered. If it doesn't then I wait for the 'big-wig' to make his rounds and specifically interrupt him with my question. If he doesn't answer me there and then, one of his juniors will be detailed off to find an answer.

• Like 1