It's All Going To The Dogs

2 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

My true feelings on this aren't really NBN friendly but I hope karma catches up with this breeder in short order and Griff I hope the right pup for you appears even quicker.

People who mess others about makes my blood boil!

Ditto. (You did mean to type breeder didn’t you? :default_coat:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About 20 years back, my uncle and his partner decided it would be a good idea to breed from their English Bull Terrier bitch. The deed was arranged, both dogs pedigree registered. 8 pups followed, they kept one, and put the rest up for sale. 2 had to be destroyed due to completely wild behaviour, attacking anything that moved ( and a lot that didn't!), one was a runt, and was put down by the new owners after horrendous vet bills. After all the effort of raising them, vet bills, special diets, registration and what have you, my uncle reckoned they made about fourpence on each dog!! They didn't repeat the exercise.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:-

Just got off the phone speaking with a very nice Lady - Anne - that lives in Aberystwyth.

'Purdey' was born last week on the 24th Aug (Day after my B'day as it happens).  The Sire is in Perth so a Scottish Dad which has pleased MrsG

We are able to view 'Purdey' and the litter from 14th Sept but have agreed not to thereby leaving 'Mum' in peace with her litter.  Ann will send videos / photo's as they progress.

We will be collecting Purdey at nine weeks old so 24/25th Oct - weekend after the Lads Week - Ideal.

Price agreed is £1'800 which is fixed.  Ann is more concerned with the type of owners / home that the pups will be going to rather than the price - which is just as it should be.  We have already been vetted

So fingers crossed, I am way more confident this time round.  Purdey all being well will be afloat for the first time first weekend in November.

'B.A' will at last have a new crew member, eleven months after we said tarra to Macie

Griff

• Like 16

The breeder you are going with this time around  Griff sounds a great deal more genuine than the former. Co-incidentally there is an article in The Express today  about this very subject. Apparently there is a law that states that it is illegal to sell a puppy without the mother being available to view. This was brought in to eradicate puppy farms but the Welsh parliament has failed to bring it into force meaning that  puppy farms are springing up all over Wales. To quote one unscrupulous breeder "we will be breeding from anything with a pulse while we can get away  with it" So really strenuous checks would seem to be the order of the day. Hope that all goes smoothly for you this time round and looking forward to seeing pics' of the new crew member.

Carole

• Thanks 1