It's All Going To The Dogs

On 22/07/2020 at 23:39, BroadAmbition said:

As most will be aware we sadly lost our last Golden Retriever Macie dog back in December - It was her time due.

Of course it was never in question about getting a fourth GR - Field / Gun stock naturally.

Our next addition has to tick a few boxes, nowadays primarily the dog MUST be good with grandchildren - G.R = Tick,  must be capable of taking to the the gun - G.R = Tick,  must be able to retrieve better than I can shoot (That's asking a lot I know!) - G.R = Tick,  must be sociable with strangers, other dogs and be keen to learn - G.R = Tick,  must be a decent swimmer - G.R = Tick,  Must be a crew member onboard 'B.A' - G.R = Tick

We had to wait until I got MrsG back from Jockland proper in January, then wait again until after we had spent another ten days or so in March back up in Jockland sorting out her late Mums house and affairs etc.

Then came that awful CV thing that we are still grappling with and the consequential lock down.  So we had to wait again.

After a full seven weeks or earning precisely nowt I gratefully  went back to work third week of May-ish.  No brass in the coffers so we had to wait again.

We have actively been searching and on the hunt over the past couple of months, my lad taking the lead this time, after a few false promises, we could now be getting close.  There is a litter due tomorrow down south.  We are potential owners of one of the litter once we have cleared the vetting procedure which I am confident we will do so.  Therefore if all goes well, we should have a new crew member come September

HAVE YOU SEEN THE CURRENT PRICES THOUGH? :default_ohmy:

Last year you could buy a family pet G.R puppy  (Non gun dog stock) for about £600 - £800.

Field stock, the acceptable or average normal price was around the £1200 mark, which is what I was expecting to pay

Since Lockdown though the prices are sky rocketing.  I have agreed potentially to pay £2k, yes that's right TWO THOUSAND.  Wow, I can't get my breath, I have been researching and this is the new current acceptable price for a field stock G.R

All the brass is

'Going To The Dogs'

Griff

Sorry to hear that you have lost Macie Griff - So sad when it happens but it's great that you are looking to get another dog. Breeders are good at cashing in, especially at the moment... Our last dog was a puppy and previous to that we had a rescue dog (both loopy Boxers).

When the time comes we would certainly consider a rescue dog again, they deserve a chance to have a great life and we have been lucky that ours gave us years of joy until she unfortunately became very ill and we had to say goodbye.I think our next dog will be a rescue but hopefully we have a few more years with our current totally stupid (but cunningly clever) dog Jasper.

• Like 1

The lady breeder lives / works on a farm with her husband and has been there years n years apparently.  Both parents are KC registered / chipped and the like.  All seems above board.  I am more confident this time round and have offered a deposit.  Anne turned down the offer of a deposit and stated payment on collection would be fine, via internet banking or cash - My choice

Herewith some photo's received today. 

Griff

BA NBN 858.JPG

BA NBN 859.JPG

BA NBN 860.JPG

BA NBN 861.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 8

Sounds like this is the litter for you Griff, and Purdey is amongst that pile of puppies. I’m sure that the grandchildren will soon be happy again after the last disappointment, and losing Macie.

Those pics :default_icon_luvlove: 

Little Purdey will have been worth the wait I’m sure! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Upcycler said:

Unless I have missed a post here I am sorry, but if you purchase a female dog and you are going to call her Purdey, you have to get a male and call him Gambit? Or Steed?

Purdey after the gun brand, not the avengers.

• 1 month later...

For us at present  not a dog.We are thinking  of getting a cat.We lost our cats last December  and January. Since then life without  cats has been hard.We were going to wait until our move,but are now thinking  of  getting one.May get a dog when we move.

Sure your dog will bring lots of joy.

• Like 3

Guest Jayfire
39 minutes ago, finny said:

Great news . its about time you was back on a tight leash :default_eusa_dance:

You need to restrain yourself with comments like that finny otherwise you may find your collar getting felt and yourself muzzled :default_wink: