Newcomers Alert - Advice Needed

StevenF

We moored at Ferry last Summer and witnessed first hand the welcome and care given to hirers, as we were often in reception at the same time as they were  arriving. The excitement was a joy to watch and the staff were so attentive and caring at the same time as being very efficient making sure that all safety issues were covered and all relevant information given and understood. It was very impressive. I remember on one occasion a dog had had an accident  in the reception area having suffered an upset stomach due to travel anxieties. No fuss was made just a clear up done immediately with no  drama and the owner was not made to feel embarrassed at all.

Carole

• Like 2

Just another note about Ferry Marina. The reason we took our first hire with them was because I’d worked out that the upfront (inclusive) cost was actually cheaper than an equivalent boat with some other yards. At first glance it looked more expensive but once you’d factored in the addition fuel charge and damage waiver charge that other yards have on top of the hire fee it worked out cheaper. Of course, if you aren’t planning to go very far you would get a good refund on fuel with other yards, which you won’t have with Ferry, so that’s another factor to take into consideration.
I think Waveney River Centre has a similar inclusive pricing policy to Ferry Marina. 

• Like 1

On 14/08/2020 at 17:55, YnysMon said:

Just another note about Ferry Marina. The reason we took our first hire with them was because I’d worked out that the upfront (inclusive) cost was actually cheaper than an equivalent boat with some other yards. 
I think Waveney River Centre has a similar inclusive pricing policy to Ferry Marina. 

Hardly surprising, I believe they are owned by the same people, Len Funnel and Family..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

I think Ferry was bought by the people who own Southgates in Horning, the Cator family? NBD sold out to Len Funnel, who it seems still owns Waveney River Centre. 

Yes, that’s my understanding too. Interesting that Ferry Marina and NBD have stuck to the same pricing strategies despite changes in ownership. I guess this season was advertised before the change in ownership though, so I wonder if things will change for future seasons.

On 14/08/2020 at 13:33, CambridgeCabby said:

on the South 

Brooms are an excellent yard but premium price , Pacific again excellent and better value as are older but equally well presented boats , by all account Waveney River Centre are proving an excellent yard and although they are in their first full season at their helm is one of the most experienced and respected operators .

Also more basic but ergo better priced we have Freedom where you will find older boats again and a more personal service .

The trouble you may have is that as a group of four males not all yards hire to single sex parties and unless you’re very good friends you will need to book at least a six berth preferably even an eight berth 

Thanks for taking the time and responding. Thats great. Much appreciated. Appreciate the heads up on the berth aswell.