New Member And New To Boating

Ruthie1970

Hello 

Had a nice time in Yarmouth and what a beach :default_biggrin:

We are now heading towards Oulton Broad but haven’t managed to secure a mooring overnight so any idea where it’s possible to moor nearby please ?

We have managed to secure a mooring for my Birthday tomorrow at Beccles :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 1

We managed to moor stern on outside the Wherry hotel and currently sitting in the sunshine outside with a cold beer in hand .

For my birthday tomorrow we are going to have breakfast at the hotel as a treat :default_biggrin:

It’s been a really fantastic holiday and a proper adventure and I just want to thank everyone who has helped us on this forum :default_biggrin:

• Like 5

Hello 
Had a nice time in Yarmouth and what a beach :default_biggrin:
We are now heading towards Oulton Broad but haven’t managed to secure a mooring overnight so any idea where it’s possible to moor nearby please ?
We have managed to secure a mooring for my Birthday tomorrow at Beccles :default_eusa_dance:

Hi Ruthie, think we passed you this morning going down to Oulton. Hope you get a mooring.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BCKev11 said:

Hi Ruthie, think we passed you this morning going down to Oulton. Hope you get a mooring.

Hi BCKev11

So sorry we couldn’t hear you , we realised too late we thought you said are you Ruthie ?? 

Yes we got a mooring outside hotel , it’s lovely here :default_biggrin:

Just having a 2nd cold beer and then going to sit on our boat with the roof down and crack open the wine :default_eusa_dance:

Where have you ended up today ?

Hi BCKev11
So sorry we couldn’t hear you , we realised too late we thought you said are you Ruthie ?? 
Just having a 2nd cold beer and then going to sit on our boat with the roof down and crack open the wine :default_eusa_dance:

We stopped at the Dutch tea rooms to go for a walk on the marshes. Off to Waveney later then Beccles tomorrow. Oulton on Friday. We may see you.

• Like 1

Hi BCKev11

Pulled up at Dutch Tea Gdns to go for a walk. Now off to Waveney then Beccles tomorrow. Oulton on Friday. May see you in Beccles.

1 hour ago, BCKev11 said:

We stopped at the Dutch tea rooms to go for a walk on the marshes. Off to Waveney later then Beccles tomorrow. Oulton on Friday. We may see you.

Yes we may meet up in Beccles :default_biggrin:. We have the Wheatacre White Lion booked for the evening and then move on for a couple more drinks :default_biggrin:

Hi Waveney hotel you can moor outside if you can get under bridge lots of places from fish and chips best one is out of yacht station at first road junction bear left just along it's also the nearest up market restaurants not sure who is open though white lion is good and if booked could be your best bet  takis 01502  471919  /716470 /712600 /712625 /711611.John

15 minutes ago, Ruthie1970 said:

Oh really ? No I didn’t realise this and thanks for the heads up , we are mooring up at Beccles Yacht station , does anyone have a taxi number please ? How far is it and are we close to any other pubs , bars after meal ? 

We’ve moored outside The Waveney Hotel more luck than judgement as we couldn’t get into the lido and moored for a couple of hours to let the tide out before going to the yacht station, we ended up staying the night, food and drink good maybe a tad pricey but heck you’re on holiday 

if the weather good the garden is lovely

If you got blisters walking into Reedham from the chain Ferry I don’t fancy your feet’s chances of surviving the walk to the White Lion, although never been there

However it’s a big birthday and a tenner each way in a cab, and if your like me, £20 won’t change your life after what you’ve already spent!

whatever you do have a great time, I have a sneaky suspicion  this isn’t your last boating holiday? 😀

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Oh heck! I assumed you realised the White Lion isn’t in Beccles. Hope it hasn’t spoilt your evening.

Nooo didn’t realise :default_crying1animated:

Not fancying a taxi journey to be honest , would like a short walk for food and drinks , any recommendations please ? 

Unfortunately nothing much near the yacht station - I think the nearest pub would be the Bear and Bells - I've a suspicion your short walk means short! Bear and Bells is maybe 10 minutes? There's the Caxton Arms bit further or the Wetherspoons in the centre. Shame your not keen on the taxi though. Good luck whatever you decide! 

• Like 1

Closest pub would be the Royal Oak just behind the Bear and Bells with another pub in between. Sorry can’t remember it’s name.

The white Lion is at least 5 miles away & I would think very difficult to get a taxi back to the yacht station, unless pre booked from Beccles.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app