New Member And New To Boating

Ruthie1970

34 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

What's the height of your Boat Ruthie? Should be a plate near the wheel

It’s 7ft with screen down . Looks like low tide in the morning around 8 to 9 but we also need to think about return as we want to head back to Loddon tomorrow so will only be able to spend an hour or two there .

Glad you cancelled White Lion, :default_icon_bowdown: sadly some less considerate folk don't bother. Taxis in Norfolk and Suffolk not same as in towns - often very small firms and not able to be as flexible 

Wine Vaults sounds a good plan and ypu should be OK to walk, I'd have thought about 15 mins 

Please let us know how you get on :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCKev11 said:

Happy Birthday Ruthie. Moored on the Riverside - Captain 11. Feel free to come say hello if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

Hi BCKev11

Will look out for you , we did have a look earlier but couldn’t see you , what time did you moor ? 

watch out for the wooden boats on your way back from Beccles, we are all moored up at Oulton Broad tonight, and at 12 tomorrow we will be heading for Beccles, I will be somewhere in that bunch on Water Rail

I will be doing the reverse journey. Am looking forward to the seeing the armada. Will look out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network
  • Like 1

Absolutely had a lovely day celebrating reaching half a century :default_smile:

Thank you for my Birthday wishes and can state the Wine Vault has an amazing chef as our fish platter starter and steaks were amazing and Jo our waitress was so nice and attentive, she even brought my dessert out with candles and sang happy birthday , lovely evening and would recommended :default_trophy:

17FEA235-50EB-47EC-9BDE-0885458A38BD.jpeg

15273A4F-1393-4BBC-AAEF-4AF1520682EF.jpeg

7F3379A4-D820-45D3-BD79-CFBB8677CA3F.jpeg

• Like 5

Guest Jayfire

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Ruthie, glad you had a great day and are enjoying your time on the rivers and in my Broadland pubs :default_beerchug:

Congratulations on your 50 year celebrations, even if I can't imagine what that grand old age must be like :default_hiding:

:default_biggrin:

:default_xmas2:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you Ruthie, glad you had a great day and are enjoying your time on the rivers and in my Broadland pubs :default_beerchug:

Congratulations on your 50 year celebrations, even if I can't imagine what that grand old age must be like :default_hiding:

:default_biggrin:

:default_biggrin:  Wait till you get to my age mate.  Then you will have something to worry about!  Regards.  Alan

Guest Jayfire
46 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

As it was such a significant birthday, it was very nice of you to have your daughter with you. Belated Happy birthday

Ooh you old smoothie Eminem, saying what we were all thinking :default_biggrin:

17 hours ago, grendel said:

watch out for the wooden boats on your way back from Beccles, we are all moored up at Oulton Broad tonight, and at 12 tomorrow we will be heading for Beccles, I will be somewhere in that bunch on Water Rail

Will be sure to look out for u and look out for Pacific Star :default_eusa_dance:

It looks hot there Ruthie?

That sky looks beautiful

Only a couple of hours and I will be back home with a glass of beer before going to the pub

Glad you had a good birthday, hope you dont have to wait for the next big birthday to come back to the broads

Enjoy your cruise back to Loddon, and the White Horse tonight!

Watch that landlord, you've been warned he is a bad man!  :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

Landlord in the White Horse is very chatty , really nice fella :default_biggrin:

just had our starters and waiting for mains now .

Weather was scorching today and still hot and sticky, hope we get a ok nights sleep on the boat , sad to be going home as we could have done a few more days.

• Like 1