Hello

Salmar

I am new here and thought I would say hello. I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s posts and tales of the Broads.

I have always loved the Norfolk Broads, they are place I can relax and forget about the world. I spent several holidays on the Broads as a child and spent a fantastic week in 2013 with my husband and children. We are lucky enough to live quite near to The Broads so we have the opportunity to explore and enjoy all the beauty and wildlife.

I had the most amazing surprise last year when my husband took me to look at a boat in Stalahm and on the spur of the moment we decided to buy her. She has been renamed the Sally Marie (after me🙂). I can not wait for our many adventures. My husband is currently working away on a much bigger boat and due to the pandemic we are not sure when he will be able to return home, but we have the thought of our lovely boat and trips on the Broads to keep us going. I love to write and long for those relaxing days on board the Sally Marie with my notepad and pen scribbling down all my thoughts and ideas. 

Completely out of the blue one day,

My husband said to me,

“Come for a drive to Stalahm,

I have something for you to see,”

You can imagine my surprise,

At the most wonderful sight,

A beautiful little cruiser,

Shining in the sunlight.

My husband smiled as he told me,

“this boat’s for you and me,

To share many new adventures,

We will rename her the Sally Marie.”

I got quite excited,

To have a boat named after me,

Now I can not wait

To cruise on the Sally Marie.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Lovely story! Enjoy.

I have several friends in the MN and one by one they are finding a way home. My immediate neighbour was stranded, anchored off Thailand and as he says, very frustrating but he's home now,  been tested, and is sorting his long neglected lawn!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...