Gleaming Light 2

andyg

Good to see the mold for HW second gleaming light has been moved into the shed after sitting on the yard for quite some time now. It's showing as available to book from march 2021. A significant investment for 2021 which is encouraging to see. 

44 minutes ago, andyg said:

Good to see the mold for HW second gleaming light has been moved into the shed after sitting on the yard for quite some time now. It's showing as available to book from march 2021. A significant investment for 2021 which is encouraging to see. 

Having hired Gleaming Light 1 last year, I really hope Herbert Woods fit it out as a luxury 2 berth rather than another 4 berth.I,m sure there is a larger market for well thought out 2 berth,s rather than squashed in 4 to 6 berths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlueSky said:

Having hired Gleaming Light 1 last year, I really hope Herbert Woods fit it out as a luxury 2 berth rather than another 4 berth.I,m sure there is a larger market for well thought out 2 berth,s rather than squashed in 4 to 6 berths.

It's the second one of the class, so it will be identical in layout I would assume. I actually think they work well as a four Beth. They are just a modem take on boats like melody from Richardson's. I do agree tho 6 ppl on board an all enclosed boat is a bit much for me as well, even with the aft well. Not sure a two berth sedan of that size would be financially viable, the weekly tariff would have to be quite high. 

I would say it must be financially viable as 2 to 4 berth. You only have to look at Brooms fleet to see which is more popular. Brooms have 12 2 berths and 1 4-6 berth. It wouldn't surprise me if Brooms insisted that Woods built a 4 berth as part the sales deal so as not to hit Brooms bookings. Either way good to that it is finally being built especially in the current uncertain circumstances

Neil

I am not sure price would be a problem as quite often with couples two are paying whilst with a small family only one is paying. The shortage of top end two berth boats is why you often see only two people on the larger top end hire boats.

There seem to be quite a few decent 2 berth boats across the fleets, but a 4 berth boat can be let to two people. A 2 berth can't be let to 4. So I can see the logic in a fleet having boats which can attract 2 people, say off season, but in the school holidays can be let to families.