Hello To All

IEatFish

Just a quick note to say thank you for the acceptance to the forum and to say hello. 

I have just acquired a diesel single engine boat, moored at Brundall, and am very new to boats and river life.  The forum has been very helpful and provided me with some great advice and assistance already.  Again many thanks to the numerous contributors. 

I have an initial question, and apologies if this has been requested before, I intend to roam the southern broads this year and was wondering if any of the boat yards covering the southern broads area do a ‘RAC’ type breakdown scheme that I can subscribe to? Any positive recommendations, or any advice who not to approach etc. welcomed.

Thanks in anticipation.

The engine was serviced in Jan 20 and I have just got it antifouled and new anodes last month. To be honest every thing on the boat seems to work fine, except a flickering fuel gauge! Starts up first time and the oil temp and engine temp run constant. She has performed well including a 7 hour run from Wroxham and a clear out out over an empty Breydon. 

I plan to run through the winter this year as a novelty so will be getting some tube heaters and de-humidifier etc and will re-service the engine in Jan 21.

One further question is that the boat has a hook type anchor and I plan to get a mud weight.  Does the ‘one foot per pound’ ratio sound right?