Grendels Week Aboard Water Rail Featuring The Wooden Boat Show

grendel

well the water here is warm, and great for a quick 20 minute dip, something i find refreshing on a boat with no hot water or shower in this weather, though the weather seems to be cooling now, but tomorrow I only have a short run back to Oulton Broad, then load the car and head for home.

so on the eve of my return home i get a text message from my daughter, who in my absence has managed to kill both fridge freezers, she says they are not cooling things and are running at 10 degrees, i wonder if she will have done any washing up.

58 minutes ago, grendel said:

so on the eve of my return home i get a text message from my daughter, who in my absence has managed to kill both fridge freezers, she says they are not cooling things and are running at 10 degrees, i wonder if she will have done any washing up.

I thought it was just sons that needed to be reminded each time we leave for the Broads that I want the kitchen to be in a decent state when I get home from hols. Fair doos...they do put in an effort when reminded.

• Like 1

And so the last morning has arrived, technically I can stretch it out until Sunday, but there are things to do at home (maybe new fridges). I woke at 5am,and had an early morning dip for 15 minutes, then back to the boat and dried off, it was time to start packing, clothes are all packed, next to find all the camera bags, pack the few tins of food that are left, go through the fridge and use all the last bits up for breakfast, scrambled eggs with bacon on toast this morning., Then all too soon as with any boating holiday it will be time to start the engine, unmoor the boat and head for home base. Ready to load the car and head home.

• Like 6

Well everything is packed back in crates and bags, I am ready, but it's not time to go just yet, one last swim, yes I have time for one last swim., So a good 30 minute swim and back aboard for the last little trip around to oulton broad. Then home.

• Like 6

well i arrived home to scenes of devastation, indoors was like a sauna, with the indoor temperature 32 degrees, and no ventilation, it was no wonder the fridges were suffering, she told me they  were both high temperature, well they were keeping things cooler than outside the fridge.

• Like 2

you would think a 30 year old could take care of the house and 4 cats, well the wheelie bins had been emptied, but they were still empty so nothing had gone out to them, i have had to scrub the floor in one area as it was too hot for her to change the cat litter, i still havent started to empty the car. she had turned the fridges up by 1 notch, i have now whacked them up to full, cleared the ice stopping the freezer door closing properly and am keeping an eye on the inside temperatures, i may need to move them and clean any fluff off of the fins too.

with doors and windows opened to let fresh air in, i have managed to get the indoor temperature below 30 deg, outside it is tipping down

• Sad 2

I’ll let you into a secret Peter...we definitely think we spoilt our kids rotten and are now reaping our reward. I still think that we are lucky, they are good kids (sorry...Men) at heart. Our youngest, who’s been away at Uni, is definitely more mature than his elder brother though. The price of housing nowadays is making so many younger people more dependent on their parents. Although I like having my boys around I don’t think it’s good for them!