A Fairly Socially Distanced Week

Villan

Incidentally I have seen a lot of first timers asking on social media about routes they can plan around being in a pub every night. That’s definitely not for me but seems to be the image some folk have of a Broads holiday. Like you I would have enjoyed people and boat watching from afar. 

• Like 1

Wonderful blog, thank you. With us aiming to return to the Broads, after a long gap, next year I got a somewhat anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach with your tale of the mayhem on Salhouse Broad. Not the Broads I grew up to love! I have never seen a paddle board on the rivers. And there may have been the odd canoe but not many. There also seem to be far more day boats than there ever were. Nevertheless, your tale (Salhouse Broad not withstanding) has whetted my appetite even more.

Thank you again.

• Thanks 1

Although Salhouse was undeniably frantic when we arrived, it was calm again by five. The fact that it was a hot Sunday at the start of the school holidays will also have been a factor.

Even then, it was a brief interlude of busyness in a very relaxed week. As Helen says, you'll be fine!

• Like 2