Tide Times And Info, Wc 17 Aug 20

MaceSwinger

I collated various information for my week afloat, including tide times, sunrise/sunset, bridge heights and the like into one document for cruise planning. If it's of any use to anyone else, even just to use the template, please help yourself!

USEFUL INFO 17 AUG 20.xlsx

• Like 2

Go on, what have I missed? I've no doubt there will be something haha!

Whilst I am impressed with your skills Chris, I am sure you will have missed at least one vital piece of information which  will mean the punters will have to go to the normal sources anyway i.e. the handy information section on the site!!!!default_biggrin.png&key=bf0b7a18beb9d807f2d4aa346e39a75d32a0a4470ababa2ccd466cedefd309c7

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

22 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I prefer to use the Broads Authority tide tables that give the height of the low which help me to calculate when I can get under the bridges and more importantly get back.

Morning Alan,

I've never actually used those; the tide timings were taken from a popular Broads boating information site. I made the sheet up with our hire boat in mind and with the info I wanted to hand so I understand it won't be great for everyone, but I thought someone might get some use out of it even if just to use as a framework/starting point. I'll definitely have a look at the BA tables too now though!

@MauriceMynah I've attached the same document as a PDF, see if that works.

USEFUL INFO 17 AUG 20.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Thank you MaceSwinger, That worked.

I think I can see what you are trying to achieve though I'm not sure you have done so. I'll put my thinking cap on! :-) 

As I said to Alan, the idea was to give me the info I wanted to hand and I thought I'd share just in case anyone else could make use of it, but any suggestions would be more than welcome. I could have put more info on there, but I wanted to keep it to one side of A4 and laminated in the front of my folder for quick reference, and at a font size I could actually read :8_laughing:

2 minutes ago, MaceSwinger said:

I wanted to keep it to one side of A4 and laminated in the front of my folder for quick reference, and at a font size I could actually read :8_laughing:

Yes and it's a good idea. However I would suggest you let it run to two pages then print it on both sides of your sheet, alternatively let it print on two sheets and laminate them as one. This would allow for more info Distance in hrs between places for example.

Just now, MauriceMynah said:

Yes and it's a good idea. However I would suggest you let it run to two pages then print it on both sides of your sheet, alternatively let it print on two sheets and laminate them as one. This would allow for more info Distance in hrs between places for example.

Fair comment, I hadn't thought to do that because the page directly behind is the running times table anyway. I do wonder if sometimes trying to be organised leads to things being even more of a cluster (I've had 18 years "in green" and that's certainly the way things usually go :default_laugh:)

You do whatever you enjoy doing. There are those who although loving the broads think that discussing them on a computer is a complete waste of time. Others like me do it when at home to get my broads fix, others even carry on doing it when they are boating. As they say, " Do whatever floats your boat. "

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

There are those who although loving the broads think that discussing them on a computer is a complete waste of time. Others like me do it when at home to get my broads fix, others even carry on doing it when they are boating.

My wife thinks me a little odd for looking at Broadland on Google maps fairly frequently, but then I introduced her to the Broads only 4 years ago; I'm 35 and can count the years I haven't been on a boat for at least a week on one hand! Certainly some of my earliest memories are of the Broads.

• Like 1