Hi!

Chickpea

Hello everyone

I've been meaning to join this forum for ages. It was very useful for planning a holiday I had with my partner and parents on Sovereign Light last year. (If anyone's interested in a very belated boat review or holiday pics let me know!)

Before last year I had a couple of holidays on the Broads as a child (late 80's or early 90's maybe). One on a rather basic houseboat near Wroxham that came with a day boat with a very temperamental outboard. My parents had the only bedroom and I had to sleep on a narrow sofa that I kept falling off! Had a holiday on a 'proper' boat a few years later which I really enjoyed. Also did a short break on the southern Broads when I was at university in Norwich. Sadly, I can't remember the name of the boats or the boatyards we hired from. 

Got a week booked on a Broom Captain towards the end of September - can't wait!

• Like 1

A very warm welcome to the forum.

:default_welcome:

We are always interested in people’s tales and pics, including reminiscences of childhood trips. 😀

Graham and I will be on Moonlight Shadow for a fortnight late September, so give us a wave if you see us. We are normally flying a Welsh flag on the stern.

Hi all, I came across this forum whilst researching on my dads old pride and joy. I’ve grown up loving the broads and have spent many days growing up and enjoying it. My grandfather and dad have always had boats, me and my brother have always messed about in dinghys and many other people I know have had boats but sadly as time goes by there are less and less people and less private boats. This forum seems a very good broads community builder.

• Like 2

Welcome to Chickpea and to Kitch22. :default_icon_wave:

The community here is great and we love to hear from new members ... and all boat reviews and holiday tales are gratefully received.

Will be interested to hear how you like the Broom Captain, Chickpea. I've been looking at that one for a long time. And would like to get back to the southern rivers ... that might be the boat to tempt me. Either that or an 11 night holiday from the north ... not that I've done Breydon Water yet!! We used to hire from Swancraft when they were running a hire fleet out of Brundall a few years ago now.

6 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

If there's anything in particular you want me to take pictures of let me know and I'll try my best to remember!

Well ... since you mention it ... my hubby is very tall so the bed is always the most important feature for us. Just want to be sure that it is an island bed that you can walk around ... well, maybe stoop around as it's under the bow. Headroom is always an issue. :facepalm:

• Like 1