Hi all...novice needs help!

Guest stevewalsh

I have been searching for a place to ask some questions, and at last I think I might be in luck.

Hello to all the memeber on here, you will soon realise I'm completely new to this!

Can anyone help me ?

I am in the process of booking a trip along the broads in July/August but have no idea or experience of this, ie what type of boat, and what things there are to do along the way.

The following information is what we are planning, and any help would be much appreciated :

1) 8 will be travelling, 4 adults and 4 kids aged 6 to 12.

2) We want to go to Great Yarmouth along the way. Is this easy to get to(would we need a taxi to the town or can we walk?), and where would we moor ?

3) We plan to go for a week.

4) If we start at Great Yarmouth and we would like to finish there to as we would leave the car there. How far could we go in a week as we need to make sure we get back there at the end!

5) What will petrol cost and how much should we need?

6) What route would be good for the kids? They like most things that are active, as we are a little worried they may get a little bored if nothing much to do!

7) What type of boat will we need ? And who is good and reliable to book through ?

8) What is slack water and the times. I have read a little about this, so any further information would be great.

I'm sorry there are so many questions but I really am a novice.

Any help will be fantastic as I want to make this a great trip that they will all remember.

Thanks very much.