Haddiscoe Cut

C.Ricko

Ok, this is probably a stupid question but I can't work out what river the new cut is on or is it neither the Waveny or the Yare and just the 

'Haddiscoe cut' 

can anyone shed the light on this for me 

Cheers. 

Thanks for the replies, I had a feeling from  wikipedia that it was independent of the main rivers but I want to draw a map with colour coded rivers and didn't want to get it wrong! 

I will have to have a look at Slutten's Dyke I had never heard of it, I was down the Waveney for a few days a few weeks ago, alas, i will have to check it out next time. 

Cheers, Clive 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 20:59, pdw111r said:

Would the original question posted be to raise the discussion that the Haddiscoe Cut is outside of Broads Authority jurisdiction as it is deemed 'independent of the adjacent natural waterways'

Several years ago the BA formally took over control, and liability, of the New Cut just as they have Breydon Water & Mutford Lock. 

14 minutes ago, Tobster said:

Not any more it’s a bit overgrown even for a Kayak

At low water, maybe, but myself and various daughters have been around several times this summer. Yes, you do have to duck under a few branches. My only regret is that I can not now row round, there not being the width needed for me to use nine foot long oars. Great for doing my African Queen impersonation though despite there being no dastardly Hun to sink at the end of it!

• Like 1

At low water, maybe, but myself and various daughters have been around several times this summer. Yes, you do have to duck under a few branches. My only regret is that I can not now row round, there not being the width needed for me to use nine foot long oars. Great for doing my African Queen impersonation though despite there being no dastardly Hun to sink at the end of it!
Never had you down as a 'Queen' JM

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Just now, Poppy said:

Never had you down as a 'Queen' JM emoji4.png

I once appeared on the front page of the Lowestoft Journal thus dressed, out cold, on my back in Station Square, as pi$$ed as a proverbial phart! The aftermath of an art school end of year celebration/drag party. Didn't put me off beer but it it did put me off future excesses! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tobster said:

Not any more it’s a bit overgrown even for a Kayak

Have still managedto enjoy kayaking the whole circuit a few times this summer so far. It is advisable to take some garden pruners with you though.

It is however a long cry from 20+ years ago when it was deep enough to moor up around there in an 18foot cabin boat with outboard.

It needs to be used as often as possible by local paddlers to keep passable.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I once appeared on the front page of the Lowestoft Journal thus dressed, out cold, on my back in Station Square, as pi$$ed as a proverbial phart! The aftermath of an art school end of year celebration/drag party. Didn't put me off beer but it it did put me off future excesses! 

Haven’t still got a picture to share by any chance have you JM? :default_norty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

If you’d like some help, tell me the date and I’ll see if I can assist. 😁

Autumn 1962/63 at a guess.

I looked a bit like my mother, with make-up on I suspect that I looked a lot like her. Apparently mum went into a shop to be greeted with a "Mrs Waller, how could you" comment from a friend. I have a theory that Mrs Bouquet was modeled on my mother, needless to relate that the posh version of the you know what hit the fan! 

• Haha 2