Fenders.....opinions Please

WherryNice

Hey folks, I need to equip my Hampton Safari with a complete set of fenders(12!) and would like to canvass opinion regarding brands if I may please?

If I needed a couple I would just go for Anchor Marine or Polyform ones without thinking as these are the best looking(IMO) and seem to be very well made etc but as I need so many the cost saving of going for something like Majoni or Hurricane is appealing. However if those brands do not last very well then I would rather bite the bullet and buy something decent straight off the bat.

So if anyone has any experience of these or any other value brands I would be interested and grateful for your thoughts, thanks.

I bought new fenders this year and initially bought Majoni one which arrived deflated. Out of the 8 I bought only 3 would inflate the valve on the others being to offset to allow the adapter to screw in. The ones that did inflate were not round but  more diamond shaped. These we duly sent back and Anchor ones bought instead which came ready to use and with fender lines, definitely worth the extra £30. 

862D8666-09D4-4B1B-ADBC-40CAF1B46634.jpeg

3B269A1E-BCA6-4387-8EAD-6AF32B4DA150.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Twelve fenders, on a Hampton, wow! Personally I'd recommend a few big sausage ones over a load of small ones.

That aside, cruising around you'll soon find a few floating in the reeds waiting for a new boat to dangle from. Just wish the hire yards  would all use matching fenders though. 

Shabby chic is the way!

Oulton Broad boat with fenders.JPG

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Twelve fenders, on a Hampton, wow! Personally I'd recommend a few big sausage ones over a load of small ones.

That aside, cruising around you'll soon find a few floating in the reeds waiting for a new boat to dangle from. Just wish the hire yards  would all use matching fenders though. 

Shabby chic is the way!

Oulton Broad boat with fenders.JPG

Yeah I know 12 does seem a lot but there are 5 fender eyes down each side so I figured I'd use them all, plus I want 2 smaller ones on the stern rather than 1 large one.

As for salvaged fenders, over the years we must have fished at least a boats worth out of the reeds n rivers, occasionally complete with rope and eye!

11 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

Yeah I know 12 does seem a lot but there are 5 fender eyes down each side so I figured I'd use them all, plus I want 2 smaller ones on the stern rather than 1 large one.

As for salvaged fenders, over the years we must have fished at least a boats worth out of the reeds n rivers, occasionally complete with rope and eye!

Does this type of boat really exist on the broads?