Forum Issue?

3 hours ago, grendel said:

we tried doing the update to fix the other issues people were having, unfortunately this seems to have completely changed the format and lost the link to all the images, i hate it when they change things and everything stops working as it should, we are doing our best to restore normality, but i cant give you a timescale for a fix.

Never a dull moment , and all that.

• Haha 1

we have a temporary workaround.

if you can find an image (or missing image icon) and click to open it, it will bring up a security warning, its saying the image links are unsecure (we know they are fine, but its saying the security certificate is invalid) but if you accept to view anyway, then go back, you will see a more normal forum view, that is at least half useful.

the site will then show as non secure, but you will be able to see it.

• Thanks 1

This morning Tues 15th at 0712 is the first time I could view owt!  Rest assured we understand the issue is being worked on and there is no pressure from the likes of me to get it sorted.  It'll be when it'll be, but thanks to the bodge it and scarper team for your efforts so far in trying to resolve it.  Appreciated

Griff

Same here Griff,

First time I've been able to get back on.

No photos but text is now showing. Nice to see peeps are still alive and well.

Thanks to the team for working on getting the forum back running for all of us needing our 'fix'!

Right - Some things are now working, other things are not. But we're getting there.

The problem was caused by a bug in an update for the forum software. This update was quite a big one, so the new look is actually part of the update, though some notable stuff like adverts are currently missing.

The update was done over the weekend while I was out on the Broads, and while I fortunately did have my laptop with me I wasn't able to do much anyway until our hosting company started working on the issue.

For the last three years, the same company has provided the forum software and hosting for us so we don't have to run our own servers and for the most part this does save us a lot of hassle. However, they don't work weekends and are based in the US so don't cover the same hours as us.