Forum Issue?

There were some issues with the App, and some issues with the forum partly caused by the plugin that feeds the App.

Because of that, the App is currently disabled while we make sure everything else is working.

This upgrade has been a complete mare and is making us think about our platform and the way we do updates. 

• Like 1

I added a post to the the ‘Forum Issue’ thread this morning and it did not appear.  Grendel had posted that new pages weren’t being added when needed, so does anyone know whether this has been resolved yet?

Also, thanks to all involved with restoring some sense of normality to the Forum.  I was beginning to wonder whether it too had being inflicted with a ruddy virus!!

It’s a vast improvement this afternoon with the hamburger menu back and being able to get to notifications and messages and the ability to change which view I’m looking at, all on the browser on my phone. Great stuff. Thank you so much. 

• Thanks 2

On 13/09/2020 at 17:02, grendel said:

if you can read the forum in an almost normal format but have junk covering parts of the screen

Yes yes G, I know I know...the junk covering parts of your screen are my posts. OK OK I get it :facepalm:

A really big thank you to the techy team. Must have been a nightmare! I know we are not ‘out of the woods’  yet with ongoing issues with the app, but you’ve done wonders.

No pressure guys, but I’ll be on the Broads from Saturday with no WiFi, so that app would really come in handy.

Just kidding. You know I normally stay pretty much offline when chillin’ on Broads time.

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

No pressure guys, but I’ll be on the Broads from Saturday with no WiFi, so that app would really come in handy.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely - But of course you can visit forum.norfolkbroadsnetwork.com on your mobile and you'll find this latest version works even better on it.

And of course you could always hotspot off your phone and use laptop / tablet etc.

• Like 2

I’ve had the app on my phone for a long time but rarely use it. I prefer just using the website as normal in a browser. I got fed up with all our emoticons appearing as the text codes behind them instead of the pictures. I don’t know whether that ever changed. 

4 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I got fed up with all our emoticons appearing as the text codes behind them instead of the pictures. I don’t know whether that ever changed. 

It didn't. The app is built by a third party and supports lots of different types of forum software so it's not quite the same experience as using the forum software here and doesn't support a lot of the forum features.

At some stage there will be a completely new App, but that's a way off yet.

• Thanks 2