The Bodies In The Well

Timbo

I came across this fascinating documentary of an archaeological discovery and event in Norwich the other day. A very moving story that has personal, familial connotations for me and mine. Mention is made of my direct ancestors in York during the middle ages and what happened to them in similar circumstances.

Thank you very much for that Tim, I have just had the chance to see it, now the forum is back!

A harrowing story, which I had not expected at at all.  Where I live is in what they call Cathar Country, a scene of even more religious persecution, during the same time period.  Funnily enough that had to do with Richard the Lionheart as well.

I had wondered why the bones weren't discovered more than 100 years ago, when they built the Mackintosh chocolate factory on that site, which is now the Chapelfield Mall.  But then the Mall has an underground multi storey car park, so I suppose that would explain it!