The Dartford Crossing

Poppy

Like many, I have a 'Dart Charge account' which allows for automatic payment for the Dartford Crossing when used.
Yesterday I received the following email.

Dear ********

Account Number: ***********

Your Dart Charge account has been inactive for 12 months.

In accordance with our terms and conditions, your account will be closed if it remains inactive for a further 90 days. You can keep your account open by topping up your balance or by making a crossing in a vehicle which is linked to the account.

The account is close to £11 in credit !
It's surely unsurprising that I haven't used the crossing since last September, is it ?
So I have had to put another £10 (minimum payment ) in order to 'keep my account open' .
Refund of my ammount in credit ? Not a bl88dy chance !

Since my main use of the Dartford crossing is to go to/from Gatwick or the Channel crossings, it's hardly surprising that I've not been down that way for the last six monts or more, is it ?

3 hours ago, Poppy said:

Like many, I have a 'Dart Charge account' which allows for automatic payment for the Dartford Crossing when used.
Yesterday I received the following email.

Dear ********

Account Number: ***********

Your Dart Charge account has been inactive for 12 months.

In accordance with our terms and conditions, your account will be closed if it remains inactive for a further 90 days. You can keep your account open by topping up your balance or by making a crossing in a vehicle which is linked to the account.

The account is close to £11 in credit !
It's surely unsurprising that I haven't used the crossing since last September, is it ?
So I have had to put another £10 (minimum payment ) in order to 'keep my account open' .
Refund of my ammount in credit ? Not a bl88dy chance !

Since my main use of the Dartford crossing is to go to/from Gatwick or the Channel crossings, it's hardly surprising that I've not been down that way for the last six monts or more, is it ?

:default_rolleyes: I have had my account for many years but don't use it that much now as we sold our Norfolk based boat some years ago.  They e mailed me in a similar vein last year and I just added £10.  However I have just been e mailed to say I need to give them a new card as mine is about to expire - when I checked it expires in August 2021 - crazy.  We used io cruise with CMV from Tilbury but they have now stopped so might just not bother.