Another Incident At Grt Yarmouth I'm Afraid.

Wussername

I picked up on this yesterday. Sad to see another incident down there. It will be interesting to see whether it leads to any kind of investigation depending on whether it’s in any way similar to the last one. 

For now I just wish all the best to those involved. 

Sounds a bit more than a 'man overboard incident'.      For Forensics to be there and the place taped off.       As you say Jean,   wish all involved well and sad to see another holiday curtailed which is so terrible when people have waited so long to get away.

• oldgregg changed the title to Another Incident At Grt Yarmouth I'm Afraid.
57 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Speaking from experience, its not been a very good (short)season so far for some bad accidents.

I suspect that many of your fellow ancients can relate to your experiences, oh dear, what an unfortunate summer you have had! I sincerely hope that your well deserved retirement plans are not unduly impacted.

Recent incident update:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/police-cordon-off-quayside-after-man-injured-1-6839793

Re this incident and the fact that the air-ambulance was involved. I haven't measured the distance from the incident site to the hospital but I doubt that it's much over a mile, if that. In a blue-light situation I suspect that it is a pretty quick journey. That it was an airlift suggests to me that it was a really nasty injury.

26 minutes ago, Poppy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54176229

"Norfolk Police and the MAIB have opened an investigation."

not according to the maib statement in the EDP

However, a spokesperson for the MAIB said they have decided against this.

They said: “We are aware of the tragic accident on the River Bure. Based on the information available, we have decided not to open a full investiation, which we only launch if there is a potential to establish safety learnings.”

Although I understand the sentiments in my industry we discuss accidents and deaths as and when they happen in the hope education and discourse could prevent further accidents. 
In light of the high rate of incidents around that area I would expect those with experience to be screaming from the rooftops hoping to prevent further deaths 

We discuss them, but we dont speculate over the causes before the official inquiry has released the details. then if there are learning points we spread those as wide as possible.

That said we will try and emphasise the sense of wearing life jackets and other safety gear, especially around Great Yarmouth and Reedham where the tides are pretty strong, as that is good idea any  time around those areas and especially when mooring up or on deck.

• Like 1