Forum Upgrade - Issue Log

Hi folks

Having had extensive problems over the last few days, having worked with our hosting company in the US we now have most of the forum back to relative normality.

There is a slightly different look to the page, and that's something which is here to stay. With each major update we expect to see visual changes in the software and for the most part they're a welcome improvement.

If any of you are still experiencing problems, please can you reply to this thread. If all is good, then no need to post as it'll keep things easier for us to keep track of.

Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for the hardwork! I can navigate fairly well - the icons took me a second to work out. How do I access the menu or mark the entire site as read? I can find unread content, create something new, or search. But I can't work out where the menu is or to mark the site as read. I'm viewing on Chrome through an Android phone. I uploaded a screenshot so you can see what I see.

Many thanks again.

Screenshot_20200916-094824.png

33 minutes ago, catcouk said:

How do I access the menu or mark the entire site as read? I can find unread content, create something new, or search. But I can't work out where the menu is or to mark the site as read.

Hmmm.... Yes there should be a hamburger icon at the top left. I'll raise that as well!

I am accessing the forum on a Safari browser on an iPhone.
I have a personalised view set up but can’t see how I can get to other options such as Last 24 Hours. 

I can’t see how to get to messages. 

And the most recent post still isn’t necessarily the one showing against a topic. 

I expect you know about these but thought I would add them for the benefit of visibility to others. 

It makes you realise what a brilliant forum it is when things go a bit tipsy turny, it’s actually a bit fun things being slightly out of kilter still as it’s perhaps making me read threads in a bit more depth and possibly the right order, getting the full run down etc.

Thanks to the tech. team, much appreciated.

4 hours ago, catcouk said:

Thank you for the hardwork! I can navigate fairly well - the icons took me a second to work out. How do I access the menu or mark the entire site as read? I can find unread content, create something new, or search. But I can't work out where the menu is or to mark the site as read. I'm viewing on Chrome through an Android phone. I uploaded a screenshot so you can see what I see.

Many thanks again.

Screenshot_20200916-094824.png

Turn your device through 90 degrees it works in landscape but not in portrait. I have same problem (Samsung tabS4 and phone S9 both running Chrome)

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I am accessing the forum on a Safari browser on an iPhone.
I have a personalised view set up but can’t see how I can get to other options such as Last 24 Hours. 

I can’t see how to get to messages. 

And the most recent post still isn’t necessarily the one showing against a topic. 

I think basically the toolbar is missing on mobile, which would cover most of those issues.

And yeah, the most recent posts are lagging behind considerably which makes it very difficult to see what's going on.... I have raised that.

3 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Turn your device through 90 degrees it works in landscape but not in portrait. I have same problem (Samsung tabS4 and phone S9 both running Chrome)

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I got any extra options though. I'm glad some people can access everything though. As someone above said, makes you realise what a great forum (technically) this is. It's a great forum full stop.

Screenshot_20200916-180423.png