Changeover day at Southgates

woodwose

I was recently given a copy of a cine film showing changeover day at Southgates boatyard. Must have been early to mid 1970s. It ends showing the yard closed and derelict. It's a good film and nicely made, but there is no indication on it about who made it.

Has anyone ever seen this film or know anything about it?

Nigel

Ludham

I bet Carol would like to see it!

Yes she would !! :)

I haven't seen or heard of the film. I know that various promotional films were made by Blakes and Hoseasons over the years, but I am not sure if they continued into the 1970s. If they did, then I don't think they would have shown a closed and derelict boatyard. Is it on 8mm or 16mm film? It sounds as though you think it may have been professionally made - if it was done by a production company then I would have thought it is likely to have ended up being put on 16mm rather than 8mm ?

I have no idea ..... but I would certainly love to see it as it sounds fascinating!

Carol

post-105-136713798968_thumb.jpg

post-105-136713798984_thumb.jpg

post-105-136713799274_thumb.jpg

post-105-136713799286_thumb.jpg

post-105-136713799297_thumb.jpg

I really don't know much about the film at all other than it was shot on cine and has been copied to DVD at some point. It must be early 70s and is at the main yard. Any information would be appreciated.

I think it looks like good amateur and it is probably 8mm judging by the quality.

Nigel