More Covid Restrictions Announced.

Andrewcook

The one that would work best is to ban the sale and consumption of alcohol, then people would do as instructed,  as soon as alcohol is introduced reasoning goes out the window, i know been there, done it have the scars long time ago now unfortunately but!!. John

no Gracie unless you live in one of the areas with tighter restrictions i believe that is currently allowed.

i am currently sticking to working from home, while i would love to spend a day or two a week in the office, my concern is that i could possibly quite unwittingly transfer the bug from the area of the office in essex to my home town in kent, or vice versa, a transfer of possibly some 60 miles in one step, so the simple answer is not to go into the office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'm meeting up with girl friends this afternoon, 5 including me. As we're not from the same household, are we breaking the law? 

It's all a tad confusing :default_blink:

It is confusing but even if in a restricted area I believe you still can but the pub (assuming you are going to one) will close at 10pm!

i think that’s the rules?

• Thanks 1

My Mum drove twenty five minutes for the nearest Library, our local one is still closed, she'd put her mask in her bag and forgot to put it on as she entered and was asked why she wasn't wearing one, when my Mum asked the guy why he wasn't wearing his, the reply was "Because we don't have to" Does this mean that Librarians can't catch Covid or indeed pass it on? :facepalm:

Tim, of course it's a bloomin pub :default_drinks::default_biggrin:, I don't think the curfew is in East Sussex just yet though

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

My Mum drove twenty five minutes for the nearest Library, our local one is still closed, she'd put her mask in her bag and forgot to put it on as she entered and was asked why she wasn't wearing one, when my Mum asked the guy why he wasn't wearing his, the reply was "Because we don't have to" Does this mean that Librarians can't catch Covid or indeed pass it on? :facepalm:

Tim, of course it's a bloomin pub :default_drinks::default_biggrin:, I don't think the curfew is in East Sussex just yet though

I have found a lot of supermarket staff working on the shop floor don’t wear masks. They don’t seem to worry about social distancing either, standing close to each chatting. I did try and phone one head office to ask what the rules were for shop staff but, having found out the nature of my enquiry, they left me on hold for three days! (Slight exaggeration but it felt like it and I never did get put through to anyone.) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vanessan said:

what the rules were for shop staff

Shop staff do not have to wear a mask within the store in which they work. However, many stores have taken the standpoint that 'if our customers are expected to wear a mask then it is not only fair but sensible for our staff to do so too'. It also depends on the type of store and the products that they sell. For example in the realm of make up, the girls on counter have only just been allowed to colour match a customer but only on their forehead. The counter staff must be wearing a visor and a mask as well as gloves to do this. All brushes and tools must be sterilized and all stations sanitized between customers.

• Thanks 1

What gets me is,     why 10 oclock,  does the virus come out at 10.05?      It is like your mother yelling at you,  I want you home by 9.30 , what did she think went on before 9.30.   No it all happened after 9.30.   (I am going back to the late 50s).    To my mind there should no pubs open or all of them open as usual.       If only 6 people can gather than the pubs should be shut and any other venue that encourages more than 6 people also shut.        None of it makes sense.

• Like 4

well the boot fair was still going this morning and right busy it was i couldnt say people were sticking to groups of 6 max, but then i couldnt say they werent either. as long as you were prepared to hang around for a few seconds you could approach the pitches in relative social distancing, i did bump into a friend there and we went round together, probably at 1m spacing minimum, most stall holders were wearing masks, few members of the public were, as it is a council run bootfair it must have been sanctioned as allowable (it is an outdoor venue).

Generally I agree with your post, however if you live in a low infection area why the same rules as a high area

i believe, and tbf I’ve lost the plot on all this, local councils can instigate local lock downs if they believe it’s necessary, so if you live in a area where things are ‘ok’ why is the ‘rule of 6’ nationwide?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hylander said:

What gets me is,     why 10 oclock,  does the virus come out at 10.05?      It is like your mother yelling at you,  I want you home by 9.30 , what did she think went on before 9.30.   No it all happened after 9.30.   (I am going back to the late 50s).    To my mind there should no pubs open or all of them open as usual.       If only 6 people can gather than the pubs should be shut and any other venue that encourages more than 6 people also shut.        None of it makes sense.

And why is it not ok for me to mix with more than 6 of my family but its ok for me to mix with potentially up to 350 people every day at work.  

• Like 4

Last night the more people had to drink the more relaxed they become, social distancing went out of the window, I'm not surprised we are seeing a higher rate of infection 

Word of advice though....do not wear lip gloss and a mask, so not a good look when you take the mask off  :facepalm: :default_biggrin: x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Tend to agree there M but I suppose the theory is that the idiots are more prevalent late at night when Fireman Sam is safely tucked up :default_norty:

:default_rofl:

Come now Mr Nog, I'm either safely tucked up in bed or I'm prevalent late at night :default_norty: