More Covid Restrictions Announced.

Andrewcook

55 minutes ago, grendel said:

well thats a bit of good news, I went for my regular blood check this morning as I am on blood thinning medication, and was informed that as far as they have seen the pfizers jab does not affect the medications effects, this has been a worry to me as previously just about anything new messes up the INR value and the medication doses. but the pharmacy nurse assured me that a lot of her patients she visits to do the test have had the vaccine and are not getting their dosing affected by it.

I had my first AstraZeneca jab last Thursday and I am due to self check my INR tomorrow so will see if the vaccine has affected my reading. I have been on Warfarin for eight years and up to now Flu jabs and medication changes have had little effect on my INR.

I did start taking 10mg daily of vitamin D3 about two weeks ago so that may possibly have an effect on the reading.

I will report back when I have taken the test in the morning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

well thats a bit of good news, I went for my regular blood check this morning as I am on blood thinning medication, and was informed that as far as they have seen the pfizers jab does not affect the medications effects, this has been a worry to me as previously just about anything new messes up the INR value and the medication doses. but the pharmacy nurse assured me that a lot of her patients she visits to do the test have had the vaccine and are not getting their dosing affected by it.

Thank you, that is reassuring. I heard that someone had been turned down for a Pfizer vaccine (before others were available) because they were on blood thinning meds. Maybe advice is changing in a positive way for a change. 

13 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Small price to pay for something that is going to safe your life.

That is certainly the plan but worth remembering that no vaccine is 100% efficient. Caution is still needed.

I would prefer to see it as something that has the potential to save your life, by giving a higher degree of protection and a better chance of survival.

• Like 1

yes, the nurse also explained that the vaccine just protects the person vaccinated, it means that if they do catch the virus, the symptoms will be less severe and it should stop them ending up in a hospital bed or as a statistic. she emphasised that it doesnt stop you getting it or passing it to others. so care is still needed.

she too had heard that the astra zennica version is giving more severe side effects to the younger recipients, and that the elderly are having less severe side effects from that version.

• Like 2

Our neighbours who we met just after they had  their jab on Saturday morning told us this morning that apart from a slightly stiff arm they had no side  effects at all. which is very reassuring. we read that if you exercise your arm for a few days prior to having the injection, it helps avoid any subsequent discomfort. So we'll give that a try  

Carole

• Like 1

On 26/01/2021 at 09:58, webntweb said:

I had my first AstraZeneca jab last Thursday and I am due to self check my INR tomorrow so will see if the vaccine has affected my reading. I have been on Warfarin for eight years and up to now Flu jabs and medication changes have had little effect on my INR.

I did start taking 10mg daily of vitamin D3 about two weeks ago so that may possibly have an effect on the reading.

I will report back when I have taken the test in the morning.

Did my INR check this morning and it was 2.6. Near perfect as the recommended range for me is between 2 and 3.

Looks as though the vaccine and the vitamin D3 hasn't adversely affected my blood clotting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am pleased to report that my brother (75-79 age bracket) had his jab at the Hoveton jabbing centre this morning.  My understanding was that he had a missed call from the Hoveton surgery and then rang back although it took him 45 minutes to get through!

• Like 1

Hi all as to the Vaccine the EU have put there foot in it re distribution sharing .I'm hoping and Praying to getting the Vaccine Jab sooner then later due age Related and Daibetic   As the PM anouced about Schools not Opening till March it's an indication that anything we would like to do won't happen till the Summer as to  going on the Broads to chill out and catching up boating Maintainance act. 

Same as Andrew,  Diabetic classed as vulnerable, but due the jab in Group 6, I'm getting very worried about people campaigning to jump the list when the first 4 groups are done.. Teachers, Police , meat packers, Footballers..etc..

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

I'm getting very worried about people campaigning to jump the list when the first 4 groups are done.. Teachers, Police , meat packers, Footballers..etc..

I wouldn't be too worried; it's been around for a long time now and I'm beginning to think that those of us who haven't had it must be doing something right somewhere. Ok it's down to luck as well but if we carry on taking all the precautions and using the same shops etc we should manage a bit longer.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I wouldn't be too worried; it's been around for a long time now and I'm beginning to think that those of us who haven't had it must be doing something right somewhere. Ok it's down to luck as well but if we carry on taking all the precautions and using the same shops etc we should manage a bit longer.

My thoughts, too.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m in no hurry to meet my maker but the facts are that there have been over three million recorded positive tests, which obviously won’t include anyone who contracted the virus before testing was widely available.  Including those may push the number close to 4 million.  Sadly, there have been 100,000 deaths as we know.  The mortality rate is somewhere between 0.25% and 0.3% of those tested positive.  Besides, I believe that I have already had the virus, having suffered the symptoms back in April and have yet to fully regain my senses of taste and smell. 
I’ll take those odds and wait patiently for the jab.  I’m 64 and have two or three conditions that may or may not accelerate me up the priority list.  Having said that, my mum who is 88 and suffering from angina, heart failure, osteoarthritis and diabetes, is yet to have her first jab.

All I want to do is to get back to some sort of normal life, where I can engage in a recreational activity without being vilified for breaking the rules or face prosecution for travelling too far to do so.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

The mortality rate is somewhere between 0.25% and 0.3% of those tested positive.

I'm struggling with the maths there .....100k deaths from 4 million positive cases would be 2.5%, which is what is being reported as a global average

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm struggling with the maths there .....100k deaths from 4 million positive cases would be 2.5%, which is what is being reported as a global average

Indeed, but what about all the others, who have had Covid, didn't know they have had it and have never been tested?  How do we count those?

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

So my maths are crap, but I still stand more chance of living than dying from the virus, but a 50% chance of getting cancer, for which there is no vaccine.  No one is immortal, in life there is only one certainty and I would rather live my life than have to hideaway from something for which there won’t be a cure.

My wife is in the highly vulnerable group but no appointment yet, but has had a letter from the government saying she will be vaccinated by 14th Feb, I'm just missing out in this first tranche, as my 70th birthday is early April. I don't want to see other groups jumping the queue, otherwise wher does it finish - teachers, emergency services, supermarket staff, electric, gas, water workers etc. Statistics show that age is the predominant factor in deaths.

As for the EU, as at yesterday, they hadn't approved a single vaccine and didn't order any until October whereas the UK ordered in May. Thank goodness for Brexit, otherwise we would be in the group order and distribution by the EU bureaucracy.

We just ca't waait to get back on our boat!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, floydraser said:

I couldn't have put it better, my thoughts exactly. 

It's been 3 months since I've had a proper pint, something to look forward to! :default_beerchug:

• Like 2