More Covid Restrictions Announced.

Andrewcook

My daughter was only given hers last week and she works on wards with COVID patients (50 to 60 %) She was also transferred to a 100% COVID ward when the had critical staff shortages. All this before the vaccination and still wearing the standard face mask. They even had the marines in as they were so short staffed.

10 hours ago, socrates said:

In the last two weeks I have had clients who were a plumber, a plasterer and a driving instructor. All 3 of them in their early 60's, and had been working during this lockdown. None of them had any known health issues apart from this dreadful COVID. For those who don't know, I am in the funeral business.

I know of many self employed tradepeople who only attend for real emergencies such as no heating and burst pipes in the case of plumbers and get abuse when they turn down work such as a dripping tap because people get too close.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, floydraser said:

Yes, I went this morning dressed as you and got thrown out. :default_sad:

They said I wasn't the first bloke from this forum to try it either!!! :default_norty: :594c04ff2c94f_default_policesmiley: 

Well of course it you didn't go dresed in an orange ra-ra skirt, purple fishnet tights and turquoise 5" heels  they would have known instantly you were an imposter.

Carole

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Well of course it you didn't go dresed in an orange ra-ra skirt, purple fishnet tights and turquoise 5" heels  they would have known instantly you were an imposter.

Carole

Damn! I thought you were a Dior stockings girl. 

But for the booster jab you'll have to get up early to beat me,  Smoggy & MM now you've given the game away. And don't try changing; I'm sure you're image will be imprinted on the retinas of all the staff at the centre if that's how you turned up! :default_eusa_dance:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RumPunch said:

Slightly odd. I just had to nip into Wroxham for provisions, and the jab clinic in the viallage hall is not running. It's been very busy any other day i've passed.

Out of vaccine or out of patients do you think ?

It was shut last Monday according to reports

• Like 1

It was shut yesterday as well as the previous Monday.. It appears to be they are working a 5 day week, Wednesday to and including Sunday..

I'm guessing that while you can get enough volunteers for assisting in 7 day running, medical staff are limited and need a day off..

Our local surgery in Ware is really rolling out the vaccines.  On Tuesday, my daughter got a text to say her 'group' could book an appointment and was no. 25 when she called and had an appointment on Wednesday, as did the 70-75 age group. Yesterday my husband got his text (65-70) and had his jab today!  Both had the Astra Zeneca jab.  2nd jab dates were not given.

My daughter wasn't too bad yesterday apart from aching until the evening when her temperature spiked. The paracetamol had worn off.  My husband is waiting for his reaction..................

• Like 1

We had a call yesterday to book our 2nd jab, 12th March.

I don't know if there is another 3 weeks to wait after that, like there is with the first jab.

We had Pfizer (3 weeks ago) they seemed to be keeping the Oxford for those with allergies or were on blood thinning drugs.

That was how we were called, too many early morning appointments needing the Oxford, so the staff could propose 2 people that would hopefully require Pfizer so not to waste a drop.

paul

1 hour ago, ZimbiIV said:

We had a call yesterday to book our 2nd jab, 12th March.

I don't know if there is another 3 weeks to wait after that, like there is with the first jab.

We had Pfizer (3 weeks ago) they seemed to be keeping the Oxford for those with allergies or were on blood thinning drugs.

That doesn't sound like a 12 week wait for the second appointment? Or maybe my Maths isn't good. 

I still wonder whether the first vaccinations are going to have to come to a bit of a standstill while the follow-up appointments happen.

The BBC and Sky have both calculated that it will be possible to do all over 50s by May, providing vaccine supplies come through. The younger the age group the faster they will be able to jab as they tend to be more mobile and wear less layers. Well perhaps not this week.

Quite encouraging.

Had my Pfizer BioNTech last Sunday at Rossi's Sports Complex in North Walsham. Very impressed with the organisation. 

My arm was a little stiff for 24 hrs and hurt slightly stretching right up " top-shelving" .

I was given my second appointment with the first :- 12 weeks to the minute after the first. ( except my 1st was 4 minutes early ).

9 hours ago, SwanR said:

That doesn't sound like a 12 week wait for the second appointment? Or maybe my Maths isn't good. 

Jean your maths are perfectly good.

It is not 12 weeks but the 1st date he gave was 29/3 which also not 12 weeks.

When I hesitated he asked why and I told him we had a holiday (theoretically) booked in the Broads for 2 weeks from the 20th but could come home for 2 nights.

He then looked again and gave us the 12th saying it is probably better to have before we go.

12 weeks is the max but Pfizer recommend a 3 week gap.

paul

• Thanks 1

Thanks Paul. I guess I didn’t think about anyone having a life planned ... says the person with a boat booked and paid for in early March. It’s not cancelled until I get that call from Richardson’s to give me back my money! :default_rofl:

Well the flat hired from Herbert Woods is carried over from last March then we took the risk in November to book Shimmering Light for the next week.

Still hopeful, it will be a month after the 15,000,000 are jabbed so we vulnerable ones should be protected and things can slowly open.

Shows how life has changed, here we are hoping someone is going to stick a sharp needle full of toxins into us.

paul

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I cant see much opening up until after Easter.We are hoping  to go to Cornwall. Was going last June,rebooked this June.

For us folk having had two jabs it's been suggested that it will be twelve weeks before maximum resistance is achieved. Twelve weeks is three months, like May, and that is only for a few million of us! I'm sorry, I don't see normality returning just yet. 

• Like 1