More Covid Restrictions Announced.

Andrewcook

40 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I could  go to great lengths regarding our GP surgery. Which is five minute walk from the house. But will leave it there.

I rather suspect that you and I are not alone in our thoughts on this one. I just hope that my wife has arrived at the right diagnosis & conclusion after what has been a stressful journey. I do have faith in the latest diagnosis if only because of the reactions of the team that most recently saw her. 

• Like 2

Just for those people already on holiday, as a travel agent, this has been pointed out to me. It comes from the gov.UK site and is billed as a statement from the Prime Minister:

It's taken from this page: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-announces-new-national-restrictions

According to the statement, you are allowed to finish your week onboard, though you would be restricted in that the pubs and restaurants wouldn't be open. Certainly worth checking with the provider.

covid.jpg

• Like 1

I have just been in touch with Herbert Woods and they offered me , a transfer of the holiday that has been cancelled, a voucher, or a full refund.    You cannot say better than that.

I have opted for a full refund until things are more settled.

• Like 3

So, no sunning yourselves on Yarmouth beach then!

Seriously though, I've been watching the TV this morning and for once hearing Doctors and politicians actually talking some sense.

The one that has stuck in my mind was the Welsh fellow saying ... though the exchange between the interviewer was funny in a really annoying way.

Interviewer... " So, under the new rules what can people do?"

Politician, ... "Well this is my message.   Don't ask what you CAN do, ask yourself what you SHOULD do."

Interviewer... "Ok, so can a family go and visit their grandparents?"

Politician... "What I'm saying to people is that they shouldn't be asking if they can do something, they should be asking themselves if they should be doing it." 

That ended that interview. !!!

Another chap, on the following program, was saying that with these rules, it didn't rely on 100% compliance, it relied on vast majority compliance. The greater the level, the more effective and the soonest lifted.

As I said, some sense being shown on TV. It made a pleasant change.

• Like 4

Yep, it's almost as if some people think Civid 19 is waiting in some kind of truce until midnight Wednesday when an Almighty Referee will blow a giant whistle and call, "Game on!"

Or Covid 19 is waiting with it's head in it's hands until the same time when it will shout, "OK, ready or not, I'm coming to get you!"

Please dont take this too seriously - just to lighten the atmosphere which is very sad at the moment.  :default_hiding:

I ought to head this - to cheer us up,  well us whinging ladies, may be, but fellas take note , dont upset the little woman.  Listen to Pam's words carefully.

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Please dont take this too seriously - just to lighten the atmosphere which is very sad at the moment.  :default_hiding:

I ought to head this - to cheer us up,  well us whinging ladies, may be, but fellas take note , dont upset the little woman.  Listen to Pam's words carefully.

That made me laugh, thanks- much needed at the mo! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Poppy said:

I think you will find that relates to furlough, not the lockdown. The previous lockdown was eased in June with hospitality reopening at the start of July, but the previous furlough scheme wasn't due to come to an end until the end of October. 

There will be many people already depressed at the thought of lockdown, let's not depress them any further unduly. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Meantime said:

I think you will find that relates to furlough, not the lockdown. The previous lockdown was eased in June with hospitality reopening at the start of July, but the previous furlough scheme wasn't due to come to an end until the end of October. 

There will be many people already depressed at the thought of lockdown, let's not depress them any further unduly. 

Of course it does !  My point is that he wouldn't be extending the furlough scheme unless there were plans afoot to extend lockdown.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Of course it does !  My point is that he wouldn't be extending the furlough scheme unless there were plans afoot to extend lockdown.

What a strange conclusion to reach. The effects on the economy will extend past the 2nd December and any support for businesses until March can only be a good thing for employees.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Possibly, however it must be remembered that there are still people who haven't been able to return to work since the start of the first lockdown! My nephew in law is a theatre sound and lighting technician. The whole of that industry are either unemployed, retraining with a few lucky ones still on furlough. They needed help before this second lockdown came along and will continue to do so for the foreseeable even when this second lockdown ends, when ever that is.

Being an optimist I would turn your logic around and say that if they were planning on an extended lockdown, or even a third lockdown they would have extended furlough well beyond March next year. I think the figures were something like, nearly a million people still on the original furlough scheme before the second lockdown was announced.

12 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

What a strange conclusion to reach. The effects on the economy will extend past the 2nd December and any support for businesses until March can only be a good thing for employees.

Can you point out where I have criticised any extension of the furlough scheme? I was unaware that I had,either actually or by inference.