More Covid Restrictions Announced.

Andrewcook

14 hours ago, Poppy said:

It's my assertion that such as 'could' and 'may' are very far from 'false information ' .

However, the suggestion that Trump could be included with 'the greatest amongst us' most cetainly is .

(IMHO of course ) :default_biggrin:

ok, prominent then

19 hours ago, grendel said:

unfortunately its a genuine government site, and indicates a path down which they are treading, any further comment by me would become far too political to be uttered upon here, but shades of George from 26 years back.

Then perhaps the government should be taking notice itself of this https://osr.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/news/osr-statement-regarding-transparency-of-data-related-to-covid-19/

And this "The prediction of up to 4,000 deaths a day is the kind of thing that brings government communications into disrepute. No country has hit such a rate. 4,000 deaths per day is three times higher than peak death tolls in India whose lockdown policies have collapsed and which has a population 20 times the size of ours. According to the July document from SAGE leaked to The Spectator, SAGE is working on a case fatality rate of 0.7%. So 4,000 deaths per day equates to about 4 million new cases per week. These are Noddyland numbers. They are designed to frighten, not to inform."

https://www.stevebaker.info/2020/11/02-11-2020-briefing-with-mps-scientists-and-other-experts-lord-sumptions-speech/

It is worth remembering that the SAGE minutes recorded back in March that their opinion was that the government messages need to convey a greater level of threat to the general public so they fear for their own safety.

In this they appear to have been very successful !

• 1 month later...

Wed - Dec 30th :-

Just been announced that our area (Donny) is to remain in Tier three.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad to be honest.

Personally it does mean that I can clay shoot this coming Sunday then Wednesday evening followed by our Game shoot the following Saturday, that's assuming of course that there are no further changes between then and now.

Griff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Just been announced that our area (Donny) is to remain in Tier three.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad to be honest.

Just gone into Tier 4 this side of the Trent. As a Newcastle supporter I can appreciate how Sunderland felt dropping from Tier 1 to 4 in such a short space of time. The better half has just been called into work on her day off to start mothballing the premises for closing tonight.

• Sad 1

Well in an effort to spread a little optimism:

Mrs R and I have just taken her mother for the vaccination. The venue was a large conference hall and outside the car parking was well marshalled with a one way system and drop off point for the disabled. There was also a one way system through the building with around 10 operatives doing the jabs at the same time. Very efficient and all very positive.

• Like 9

Considering the huge swathes of England placed into tier 4, I wonder the reasoning behind not imposing a blanket tier 4 lockdown , by leaving some areas as tier 3 when they are totally surrounded by tier 4 will only encourage those that do not follow the rules to travel from the higher tiers  to enjoy the added limited freedoms permitted.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Considering the huge swathes of England placed into tier 4, I wonder the reasoning behind not imposing a blanket tier 4 lockdown , by leaving some areas as tier 3 when they are totally surrounded by tier 4 will only encourage those that do not follow the rules to travel from the higher tiers  to enjoy the added limited freedoms permitted.

Agree, it seems so dumb and people will "bend" things to suit their "needs".

• Like 5

Stopped in the services tonight to grab some tea... Tier 3 

Mask on spray of sanitizer on the hands... Socially distancing from others all standard practice now.. Then the Kevin and Perry brigade comes barging in No masks No sanitizer usage at all ... Why do these brainless idiots think there so exempt from all this... There the ones who are spreading this virus 🦠 and no respect to others... Was very angry by this.. Then the abuse started at the staff because they asked them to mask up.. Then they started having a go at a paramedic in the Q .. So me and 3 others turned around and told them to Zip it and get out .. Basically that was the polite version.. Luckily for them the Police had turned up.. The staff and paramedic said thank you to us.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just back from sTresco after doing the weekly shop. Stood waiting for a taxi to arrive outside the store was a couple with a trolley piled high with multiple packs of toilet roll and twelve large bags of cat litter.
"It's not what you think!" said the woman when she saw me looking.
"What you think he's thinking will not be what he's thinking and what he is thinking is probably ten times worse than what you think he's thinking or what he should be thinking and if he thinks what I think he's thinking he'd better think again!" said my better half.
"Next slide please!" I replied.

• Haha 2

Hi this piece of news make my blood boil  as they keep on saying young children may get it but the older won't get it as this why this lead them astray as they do darft things like going to Raves and protest marches. The Chief Medical advisor should  say they can still get the Virus if they don't obey the very new strict  Orders now before upon us all we are now in as I hate being kept in doors. 

• Like 1

Gloom

For us personally, no more seeing children or grandchildren, no more shooting clays or game, no more mighty Tiger riding, still not able to visit the Broads and in particular 'B.A' :default_sad:

BUT

On the plus side this time both of us can work and earn, we are still healthy and have been waking up every day and we have a Purdey dog to enjoy and train :default_icon_clap:

Griff

• Like 8

So good to find the positive where one can. 

Like everyone we miss being able to see our family. It feels quite restrictive to know we can only go out for limited reasons including to exercise once a day

BUT

We make the most of that “once a day”. It’s actually a motivator to go out and walk. And with an app on my phone to count steps and measure distance it encourages me to want to do it whatever the weather. 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 21:03, Timbo said:

Just back from sTresco after doing the weekly shop. Stood waiting for a taxi to arrive outside the store was a couple with a trolley piled high with multiple packs of toilet roll and twelve large bags of cat litter.
"It's not what you think!" said the woman when she saw me looking.
"What you think he's thinking will not be what he's thinking and what he is thinking is probably ten times worse than what you think he's thinking or what he should be thinking and if he thinks what I think he's thinking he'd better think again!" said my better half.
"Next slide please!" I replied.

I have stomach problems and even I dont stock up like that on loo rolls.   Sounds as if the cat has the same problems.

Part of the problem  is,I think the coverage on TV and the press.When ever theres a lockdown they keep showing trolleys stacked high  with loo rolls etc and empty  shelves in supermarkets. All along we've been reassured that the supply chain can and will manage.And by and large they have.In my opinion  this just adds  to panic amongst those that are easily lead.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

All along we've been reassured that the supply chain can and will manage.

It probably can but we are also told not to leave our homes. Granted that home deliveries are available but nevertheless having a stash of necessities is reassuring. So yes, I am guilty of hoarding, we have roughly a thirty day back-up of bog rolls and the freezer is full! I'm afraid that home deliveries cannot be guaranteed whilst we depend on the health of the staff involved. Worrying about nothing? Maybe not, we are not out of the woods yet.

• Like 1

The NHS are contacting you when it is your turn.

The 96 year old Mother in law had her notification come through from the GP by text. Followed the link and it is booked for saturday.

Great news, 21 days and she can go into a care home :default_rofl:

The NHS number is on all communications already.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Part of the problem  is,I think the coverage on TV and the press.

This, it's always been this. The single biggest cause of most of the hassle associated with this bloody pandemic has always been the press, be it terrestrial TV from BBC & ITV, sat and cable thanks to "Our Beff" on Sky news, or the newspapers, the worst so far being the "impartial" Guardian and the anything-but impartial Daily Fail, er, Mail. 

I'm all for freedom of the press, but that freedom should come with a responsibility to act, well, responsibly. So far we're seeing anything but, with stories that are, at best, sensationalised, and at worse outright lies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2