Locks Geldeston

NorfolkNog

16 hours ago, vanessan said:

There is a fb post stating the Locks has been purchased pre-auction with a Community bid and investors are now sought.

Details below if anyone wants to be involved.

Please contact us via invest@savethelocks.com

Or phone Graham on 01502 714661

All here. 

47 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Narcissism is alive and well, and living in Suffolk.  :-)

Don't I know it, but that is another story! 

Do you know someone who suffers these symptoms? Regretfully I do, hard work.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

4 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

The first problem, if they want to reopen asap, will be in recruiting a licensee. Now that there is a change of ownership I wonder if the legendary Colin will be tempted to come out of retirement, if he hasn't already.

They could do far worse. 

• Like 2

I have to admit to having made a very modest investment probably equivalent to what I would spend on beer in 6 months were I still able to participate in a few pints . Apparently they are looking to have investments of £50+ once they get organised (certainly no dividends anticipated for 3 years

A number of people were asking in various places the sort of amounts they were looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

That's very interesting. I wonder if Brian Eno stumped up the cash for the initial purchase??

Just trying to think what I would spend on beer in 6 months :default_icon_e_surprised:

Then add Mrs Nog's gin bill..........:default_norty:

You could have been the majority share holders :default_drinks::default_norty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Meantime said:

You could have been the majority share holders :default_drinks::default_norty:

I have to disagree with this slight understatement, Mr N and a certain Firefighter have shares in the ruddy Savoy Hotel more like and that's without Mrs N's Gin allowance :default_norty:  x

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reading the details it is surprising to see that the original purchase was loan funded, and that the sale of sufficient shares is needed to maintain the project, otherwise the property will return to the open market by auction in March. It was my impression that the project had been secured by an under writer, this appears not to have been the case, or at least if it were, it was a very short term arrangement.

I do worry that if I invest in the Locks that I would then be buying into a potential liability. Losing the value of my investment doesn't worry me particularly but I wonder if there is not the potential for a limitless liability that could be charged to shareholders. Donations to the cause is one thing, investment another. The current pandemic has shown what could potentially happen again.

• Like 1