Locks Geldeston

NorfolkNog

I too will be a shareholder.  Got a birthday coming up and so instead of the usual 'you never know what you want so here's more socks' I have suggested the locks.

I shall hang my share certificate on the wall next to my Lairdship certificate and my cycling proficiency test certificate! 

• Like 7

Well,

That's certainly a first for me.  I am now officially a share holder (x2) of the Locks Inn.

Not really bothered if I never see my initial share purchase ever again, at least I know I will have tried to assist

I usually only get to visit the place once a year, maybe twice at the most.  I shall certainly look forward to visiting in the future with guest crew onboard taking them for a drink in 'My Pub'  Wonder if I will get that warm fuzzy feeling that has been previously mentioned? (Only if my zip get stuck :default_icon_rolleyes: )

Now to tell MrsG - before I forget?

Griff

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just had an update from Graham, the chair of the project.. I'm sure they won't mind me sharing.. But good news and sounds like it's well on the way to being a little bit more secured.. but I guess time is running out so don't delay if you want to be involved.

During the first week of our share issue we have had over 200 people sign up as shareholders/members and have raised £163,000 in share capital. If we carry on like this we will reach our target in just four weeks and have to close the share issue early. Make sure you don't miss out on becoming a “founder member” of The Locks Inn Community Pub!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest News ref opening times as per below:-

-----------------------------------------

Booking Details for Shareholder Days

Our opening plan is as follows:-

Monday 10 May – Open for shareholders only, via booking only

Tuesday 11 May – Open for shareholders only, via booking only

Wednesday 12 May – Open for shareholders only, via booking only

Thursday 13 May onwards – Open to the public.  Booking NOT required.

The shareholders days are for shareholders and their families.  
To book please phone the new pub phone number 01508 830033 between 10am and 2pm or use the new pub email address  info@thelocksinn.com.  Please ensure your email booking is confirmed!

Bookings can me made for the following sessions:-

11am to 1pm

1pm to 3pm

3pm to 5pm 

5pm to 7pm

A special Big Dog Ferry timetable will operate on the three shareholder days to suit these booking slots.  The ferry runs from Beccles Lido to the pub and is a stunning 40 minute journey along the River Waveney.  Further details will follow about booking the ferry, although clearly this will be for very limited numbers.

In line with Government rules we will only be open outside until 17 May, at the earliest.

Your share certificates will be ready for collection at the pub.

For all enquires about the pub:
01508 830033
info@thelocksinn.com

Please do not use the “savethelocks” email addresses, they will be discontinued soon.

-------------------------

Griff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can’t help wondering how The Wherry is doing. They were doing brilliantly as a pub attracting the locals last time we were there (very friendly locals too), so I hope their business won’t have suffered. Hopefully there’s enough business for both to flourish.

39 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I can’t help wondering how The Wherry is doing. They were doing brilliantly as a pub attracting the locals last time we were there (very friendly locals too), so I hope their business won’t have suffered. Hopefully there’s enough business for both to flourish.

An interesting fact ............. my parents first privately own boat was moored at Rowan Craft in Geldeston and was called TWIG.

She  was a 'Hippersons 30' craft built by Hippersons in Beccles in the early 60's. The name TWIG came from the owner who ran ............

The Wherry In Geldeston

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update as per below:-

-----------------------------------------------

LOCKS INN UPDATE 8TH JULY 2021

It's been a while since our last update as we have been busy running the pub.  It's been an amazing first eight weeks!

PUB HOURS:

Our opening hours have been extended as follows:

Monday 11am-8pm
Tuesday 11am-8pm
Wednesday 11am-10pm
Thursday 11am-10pm
Friday 11am-10pm
Saturday 11am-10pm
Sunday 11am-8pm 

KITCHEN HOURS:

Our kitchen is now fully refurbished and open! The menu will be expanded over the coming weeks as the kitchen team find their feet. The kitchen hours will also extend in due course but for now they are:

Monday 12-2.30pm
Tuesday 12-2.30pm
Wednesday 12-2.30pm and 5-8pm
Thursday 12-2.30pm and 5-8pm
Friday 12-2.30pm and 5-8pm
Saturday 12-2.30pm and 5-8pm
Sunday 12-5pm
NB: Bookings are only taken for large groups.

VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
We have a volunteering group on Facebook and have started to use this to get small groups in to help as mini-work parties.  To request to join the group please visit:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/3805956929436494

The operation of the pub will provide significant employment opportunities but we are already using volunteers to support these staff for the intense peaks in demand that can occur at The Locks Inn.  We intend to run a training session for people who are willing to help out during these peaks to help support the smooth operation of the pub.  If you would like to occasionally help out in this way, please make sure you join the Facebook group above so you see details of the training session and get notifications when help is needed. As a thank you, we also intend to have social events for volunteers!

REFUSE BINS
Bin bags are currently being taken to the end of the track by our managers inside their car which is not ideal!  Do we have a volunteer who could do this twice a week if we provide a trailer at the pub for the sacks to go in?  A vehicle with a tow bar would be needed.

BUILDING QUOTES REQUIRED
We have made a lot of improvements to the fabric of the building but there is still much to do! There are three urgent projects that you may be able help with:

Replacement LPG boilers x2 and associated work

Re-roofing the single story extension and repairs in the vicinity of the main chimney stack to stop water ingress

Replacing the door/window unit on the left-hand side of the main bar and replacing the access ramp leading up to it.

If you can help with these, or know someone who can help, please contact Simon Squibb at  simon_squibb@hotmail.com  We are looking for commercial quotes, friendly quotes and tradespeople who have the capacity to do the jobs!

SHARE CERTIFICATES
These are available for collection at the pub - just ask one of the team.  They are not proof of ownership and as such are primarily a souvenir and have been well received by many hundreds of people who have already collected theirs. 

MERCHANDISE
If you have ordered merchandise please can you collect your items from the pub in the next four weeks otherwise they they may go on general sale with the new price.  If you have any queries about your order please contact Christine on c.pinsent@gmail.com   We have been overwhelmed by the response to this offer!

LIVE MUSIC
The Locks Inn has a long history of live music and this has already re-started. It is scheduled every Sunday afternoon from around 2pm and will be in the pub garden when the weather allows.  There are also regular Thursday evening “sessions” starting at 8pm as follows:

1st Thursday of the month – Open acoustic session
2nd Thursday of the month – Irish session
3rd Thursday of the month – Tales'n'Ales – story telling
4th Thursday of the month – Traditional music & song

Informal music is also planned for Wednesday evenings and this will start with jazz from "The Sole Bay Five” at 7.30pm on 14 July.

Events prior to 19 July are subject to Covid restrictions.  If the weather is poor the events may be indoors and it is possible that entry could be restricted to comply with the restrictions.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

CONTACT DETAILS:

For all enquiries about the pub:
01508 830033
info@thelocksinn.com
Social media  @thelocksinn

Graham Elliott
Chair, The Locks Inn Community Pub
-------------------------------------------------------------

Griff

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1