Be Wary Of Us Old Folk

retired

I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 67 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.

• Haha 23

1 hour ago, Cal said:

I'm intrigued as to why an older and therefore generally considered wiser old person was in McDonalds to start with.

Surely by now you have realised the food is rubbish :default_blink:

You have become a Grandad. That is why you are in McDonald's. Eat your Mcflurry and get out as quickly as you can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wussername said:

You have become a Grandad. That is why you are in McDonald's. Eat your Mcflurry and get out as quickly as you can.

Oh Mr Wusser Sir what have...

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles, Onions on a sesame seed bun"

....ever done to upset you so? :default_rofl:

"Ah...but not Britain's biggest seller of 'good' coffee! "

Well perhaps it's customers are the judge of that. There's no denying that a Latte for 99p is a lot more attractive than the same from Starbucks at £2.25, Costa at £2.45 and £2.35 from Cafe Nero.

Correction - just checked, Latte is £1.49 - White coffee is 99p

1 hour ago, Wussername said:

You have become a Grandad. That is why you are in McDonald's.

I have not eaten at McDonald's since becomming a grandad.

I have only ONCE eaten voluntarily at McD's (well - collected) and that was back in 2002 when I was on a business trip that had me for a few days in Tokyo - far away from anything Western.  I was in a big hotel (the one where James Bond landed by helicopter on the roof) & across the major road was a McD's where I went in, pointed at the menu picture on the desk & raised one finger.  Lots of Japanese laughter & I got my bag to tidy me over the next 12 hours.

The other two evenings were better - on one the Japanese colleagues took me out to eat & the other afternoon/everning I met up with a Professor from my High-Energy Physics days who showed me parts of Tokyo.

5 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Well perhaps it's customers are the judge of that. There's no denying that a Latte for 99p is a lot more attractive than the same from Starbucks at £2.25, Costa at £2.45 and £2.35 from Cafe Nero.

I have only ever tried one of these quite disgusting concoctions once ; on the concourse at platform 9 on Liverpool Street Station. It was one of the worst things I have ever tasted and I left it on the table to go and board my train.  There I was most relieved to find the buffet car already open and serving a fairly passable rosé wine which turned out to be cheaper than the "coffee".

It bears out what I said this morning on a another thread : never drink anything you can't see through!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katiew said:

Well...you say that......but you’ve never been seen with your feet up having a McFlurry have you? 😇

Obviously I'm always far too busy working my lovely :default_wink:

4 hours ago, retired said:

I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 67 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.

Fantastic stuff, well done you :default_icon_clap: I'd love to have seen the look on her face :default_biggrin:

Goodness knows why people have to be so impatient and rude, let's hope you taught her a lesson and she'll think twice again before being so rude, I doubt it though x