Christmas And Covid

Poppy

I think it is safe to say that Christmas won't be "normal" this year. There certainly will not be any large family gatherings allowed.

We have resigned ourselves to Chrismas this year being just us two and the dog. I'm sure we will make it special anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A joint message from the Anglican, Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches in our community magazine this week finishes with
"To all those bemoaning the loss of a 'traditional Christmas' this year, notices of services over the Christmas period dependent upon any local Covid-19 restrictions will be pinned to the church noticeboards and published on respective websites and in local press."

I like clergy with a sense of humour!

• Like 3

Shame Covid hasn’t stopped the shops being full of Christmas tat!  Got parked outside the window of Roy’s whilst we were in Hoveton yesterday.  It wasn’t until she’d disappeared into the shop that I turned round to see all their Christmas decorations.  Grrrrrrrrr!!

Two for you, Jay!!:default_sad:

45237D5F-3839-4D7B-BFB4-669A5CA570DF.jpeg

64A43986-FF28-46BA-B424-F8197B3E3EB7.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SwanR said:

And I haven’t made it to Latham’s either!! :default_xmas6:

Now you will let me know when you're popping over won't you Jean, and I'll put the kettle on....then turn it off and get the wine out :default_drinks:

Just now, Katiew said:

Oh Jean...you need to take him up on this offer ASAP! I think he’s just offered to share his wine with you and that really doesn’t happen! 

Goodness, 2020 could well go down in the history books for more than just one reason.....

:default_xmas6:

Oi you cheeky :default_biggrin:

I've offered to show you around my Freeman, entertain you, and serve drinks which you can't handle too you know.

I dont go throwing offers around to just anybody you know :default_norty:

Ha ha ha ... I might even buy cake in Roy's to go with a nice cup of coffee ... or a glass of wine ... unless Jay prefers mince pies!!

They sell amazing fresh cakes in Roy's ... I never knew. I'm working my way through the range and buying a different one every time.

:default_xmas6: :default_xmas6: :default_xmas6:

• Like 1