Trend?

LondonGuy

How long is a piece  of string! I first visited  the broads in the sixties.Back then it was very busy.Over the years the number of hire boats have decreased, however a increase in private  boats.This year due to Covad and the season squashed, Cant  really tell.There are many member here that know better then me.In my opinion,think numbers are steady.

After boats were allowed to be slept on the hire boats became very busy it has been stated that virtually all hire boats are out and day boats to well after September. 

Private boats were at their mooring until late May when day trips were allowed about two weeks after sleeping onboard ws allowed and many owners managed to use theeir boats fully.

When looking at the Broom luxury boats earlier today, I noticed that they can be booked for December. At least two other companies are offering boats for November so it seems the season will certainly end later than usual. (Mr and Mrs Nog may find themselves with plenty of company in December if they’re on the water then.)

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

When looking at the Broom luxury boats earlier today, I noticed that they can be booked for December. At least two other companies are offering boats for November so it seems the season will certainly end later than usual

The boats are offered for hire, but not many have been booked since the extension of the season was announced. From what I can see, most are (at this stage) not attracting bookings.