Please sponsor me in the Race For Life

G&A

Hi,

Training not going too bad, the wind was something to contend with! Im aiming to raise £500, and am up to £190 (not including any gift aid), tho cheques are not yet cashed as im awaiting my pack so they are traceable, and can benefit as much as possible from the gift aid.

I havent heard from Gav for a few days so keep waiting til as late as poss to go out-if he used his minutes to call my mobile they go far quicker than the 30 on the land line! (but yes i do run with a bum bag containing my mobile just in case!) More running in the coming days and next week stepping up the distance to the local reservoir which is an 8 mile route.

I actually saw the TV campaign for it for the first time tonight (maybe not the first time its been aired but the first time ive seen it)

Hmmm , tempting for a funny posting sqwirrel but i will resister tempertation, mine lips are zip

Well i guess with eating all those nuts, wind may not be a stranger to u!! And im not afraid to admit, running certainly shakes your innards about!! :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

Not going too bad thanks. Keep pushing myself and making progress-just wish i could wave a wand as you can bet i still bump into people i know..........and you can bet they all check behind me to see if im being chased :lol::lol: !!

Couldn't agree more Brian!!

Looks like there may be new research into a vaccine that allows our immune system to identify cancer cells, and give us all a fighting chance at least. Presently our body cannot distinguish cancer cells from normal cells, so that would be a huge leap forward if it was successful.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Annie, just another good reason for people to sponsor you, and others like you in the upcoming run. Even if it only has limited success, then at least it would give some people their lives back. It just goes to show it IS a very worthy cause, and i applaud you for doing it :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap . Regards and good luck in training, ............. Neil.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Annie, this Sunday is the big day?. I hope if you go to the meet this weekend you won`t have too much to drink? :lol::lol:. Seriously though, how is the training going, and are you ready for your jaunt around Norwich?. I hope all goes well, and that you`ve raised your target amount for a worthy cause. Regards ................. Neil.

Hi guys!!

Wayne they may well run when they see what im wearing!!

However much we run, walk, skip, cartwheel.......we will get round!!

Yes Neil, im ready..........well as ready as i'll ever be!! Sunday is the day!!

Won't be at the meet this weekend.......Keeping a watch over a bunch of 16yr olds here for Ellen's 16th Birthday is as much as I can handle this weekend!!

Thanks to all for the sponsorship and good wishes!!

Annie

Hi all!!

We are all still standing, despite the best efforts of the wind yesterday!!!

Its quite something to see with all the pink regalia, wigs, tutus, leg warmers,make up, t-shirts......the list goes on!!

It was on the cooler side which was fine until the wind kicked in-made it a little on the chilly side......but we had our real life action man to get us all warmed up!! Needless to say, some went one way, others another, arms up, down, this way and that, knee up (trying not to engage the bottom in front!!) knee down, ooops, this way .....er no that way again!! The end result was we warmed up an smiled n laughed in the process!!

The hardest thing was seeing what was written on the pink squares we all wore on our backs, the why's?, tributes, hope and wishes......a huge heartfelt mass of positivity that really did bring a tear to the eye if you allowed yourself to read too many at once!!

And off we set, Tracy, Kristie and Myself.......and we did, if i say so myself, make a decent time.

We have said we would like to do it again, so if theres anyone who would like to join us, fund raise, come up with ideas then the more the merrier, and all to such a good cause.

A huge thank-you to all our sponsors, every penny is very much appreciated, particularly so with the difficult times we are all experiencing at this time. Web donations are direct, and cheques will now be sent in with the official paperwork.

Thank-you once again, it was a really worthwhile experience on top of the reason for the event. :trophy:trophy:trophy