Here We Go Again A Dilemma.

Thiswan

I hate dilemmas so I thought I'd share it with you lot.

Was booked with Rickos on a lovely boat in March the week had to be of course moved so now due on 23rd of this month but guess what because of some idiots in my nearest town ignoring distance rules in a number of pubs and we are in local lockdown, nobody knows how long but are unable to leave the area with the holiday date looming  so do I

A: hold tight and hope for the best

B: Move the booking to next year now while our favorite boat is still available

C:Ask for a refund

Pretty fed up my family obey the rules and are practically under house arrest. what doesn't help is the Mickey Mouse Welsh Assembly  that has to do things a little different from Westminster for the sake of it. The boat we booked is much sort after quite pricey but suites are particular needs 

Stay Safe

Peter, 

That poses an interesting question and I do feel for you and so many like you. 

I would see if the yard would move the booking again now to secure my favourite boat. That’s if the yard will do it with still three weeks to go. 

Tempting as it would be to wait, what are the chances of things turning round and restrictions easing that soon. I do think that restricting travel from lockdown areas, as the Welsh government have done, is actually the right thing to do. 

• Like 4

I would move it!!! 

I cannot see what people are expecting in October as, whilst you can get good spells, I find the weather often dreary and damp and much prefer the spring - the evenings will be longer and the atmosphere tends to be drier!

In fact as you may have gathered I find the weather in October often to be a precursor to winter and a time I really do not like - add to that , the fact that the clocks will change that weekend and that always puts me in a bad mood!!!!

• Like 4

I agree, definitely phone them. I know from experience Richardson's are excellent for helping with changes in circumstances 

If you re-book you are guaranteed a holiday on your choice of boat at some point in the future

I wish you well and hope you get sorted

Take care x

• Like 3

I think I would re-book too. The chances of a lockdown working enough over the next few weeks to effect a release, really are not that high. That means you will probably be forced into a change. You say that the boat you want is available for next year, and may be snapped up by someone else over the next three weeks. If it helps, I was only thinking yesterday looking at my sales data, that it's striking how many bookings are coming in for next year - way more than normal. Currently there are 580 boat classes remaining to be hired over the 4 weeks of August 2021. I don't record the coming years numbers until the 1st January, but for the same 4 weeks last year, there were 761 boats remaining for hire as at the 1st January 2020. So with 3 months of the year still to go before the 1st January, you can see next year is going to be another sell out. In other words, make your decision quickly, because the chances are your 2021 date will be booked soon by someone else!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, marshman said:

I would move it!!! 

I cannot see what people are expecting in October as, whilst you can get good spells, I find the weather often dreary and damp and much prefer the spring - the evenings will be longer and the atmosphere tends to be drier!

In fact as you may have gathered I find the weather in October often to be a precursor to winter and a time I really do not like - add to that , the fact that the clocks will change that weekend and that always puts me in a bad mood!!!!

I agree with Marshman Peter, I would move it to next year although I am being something of hypocrite because I am going on a short break on Monday but I am unable to move it for a number of reasons. 

• Like 1

I feel for you, also living in Wales and having just cancelled my trip for the same reason. You may have seen the thread about my cancellation 

If it's any consolation, when the lockdown and consequential decision I made to cancel the trip first came about, I was psychologically pretty low. However, a forum post, some helpful suggestions and a promised refund later, I feel a whole lot better. I'll be back as soon as restrictions allow, I don't care if it's winter by then or not. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MotorBoater said:

It's a chat with the yard vote from me too. You need to know what your options are, although I would be surprised if Richardson's were anything but sympathetic.

They really are fantastic. My parents went through a life changing situation a while back and had a boat booked for soon after the event. Richardson's dealt with it with kindness, understanding and promptly too. It made a little bit of a difference when going through a harrowing time

Excellent customer service, plus they have real nice boats too :default_biggrin: x

• Like 2

Knew I could rely on the forum thank you all.

I'm normally a sensible grown up of 69. but when it comes to my week on the broads I get excited like a little kid and as disappointed as one too!

haven't been able to contact the yard this weekend but will Monday

The problem is these lockdowns are as long as a piece of string so how can you plan anything.

Regards to all and Stay Safe . 

Peter

• Like 5

Its hard to plan and execute any plan Peter  but you have to keep pushing forwards -i was all set to move house next friday untill track and trace grounded me this wednesday for 14 days .....well iam hoping it aint more than 14 days 

i would be inclined to go and enjoy your holiday if i could 

finny

• Like 2

8 hours ago, finny said:

i was all set to move house next friday untill track and trace grounded me this wednesday for 14 days

Hope you can get everything sorted out. That’s a very difficult position to be in. We moved house at the start of September and were fortunate to slot in that gap when the housing market was allowed to wake up and when local lockdowns and further restrictions started to bite. 

Thanks and I think we have everything in hand . Virus permitting everything seems ok for the week after, one of our buyers needed the extra week anyway .I have two properties going through on the same day and cannot have where iam going till late November. Just like the opening post planning ahead is difficult for sure 

Finny

• Like 1

On 03/10/2020 at 23:45, finny said:

Its hard to plan and execute any plan Peter  but you have to keep pushing forwards -i was all set to move house next friday untill track and trace grounded me this wednesday for 14 days .....well iam hoping it aint more than 14 days 

i would be inclined to go and enjoy your holiday if i could 

finny

Well Broadway P Should be free from the 23rd 7nights as Richardson,s have kindly moved me to next April /May. I will however come back this Month if the local Lockdown finishes soon and Norwich doesn't go into one. And hire what if anything is left to get some in this season !.

Regards 

Peter,

• Like 2

I vaguely considered trying to book something for next week myself, just for a short break. But nothing much came up. So either it's going to be incredibly busy out there or not all the boats are being used at the moment.