Yippee!!!

RedRover

My boat passed its second boat safety this afternoon so ok for another 4 years, but then again i knew it would as i keep it well up to speed on safety always have done,costs money but our safety comes first unlike some people on the broads who's boats are a death trap to us all..you know who you are..Hope they don't moor next to me.

My boat passed its second boat safety this afternoon so ok for another 4 years, but then again i knew it would as i keep it well up to speed on safety always have done,costs money but our safety comes first unlike some people on the broads who's boats are a death trap to us all..you know who you are..Hope they don't moor next to me.

Is this a boast or a veiled threat?

You not worry Red rover ........ my boat won't hurt you. :naughty:

I have just fetched my Land Boat :lol: (caravan) back from the approved workshop this morning, all nicely serviced and safety checked, with the 2011 badge on display to prove it, and to satisfy the insurance requirements and gain a nice discount on the premiums for displaying it! lol :grin:

It just needs a good wash and a polish now with Fenwick's Bobby Dazzler, then it will be ready for being Norfolk bound very soon :dance

I totally agree with you Barry regarding the state of disrepair some people allow their 'Pride and Joy' to get into, the customer services where we collected from today has a fine display of just exactly what some people see as 'acceptable' within their units, with the scorched pannels and upholstry, dangerously cracked tyres, worn out and corroded brakes, sooted heating systems, cracked hitch heads, and blocked ventilation, its a wonder they didnt suffer a fatality as a result of some of these things they were so poorly maintained :norty:

Hopefully soon the Caravan & Trailer safety test and insurance will become compulsory just like the Boat safety has, at the moment it isnt, but you can be pulled over and fined for having a dangerous unit by the police check points that operate on the main holiday routes throughout the summer months, and they do have the power to impound any unit considered to be dangerous, and the maufacturers are doing their bit by saying that any unit not serviced annually with an approved workshop will forfit its warantee, so at least some element of getting into the regular servicing habit is instilled into the owners from day one of buying :)

Julz :wave

Don't think there is so much of a problem with boats bought new, if you can afford the boat you can afford the service. Once the boat piles on the years it starts to benefit from all manor of owner modifications and the cost of looking after it starts to become disproportionate to the purchase price, if you pay £1000 for a boat there is a good chance you are not going to spend £1000's per year looking after it.