Comforting to Know

senator

Owners may like to see what advice new hirers get, think a few people might mind if it is there pride and joy that is the subject of a few indiscretions.

extracted from Blakes website under the heading of accidents

They do happen! Boating is an inexact science and so no-one gets it right all the time. But nobody worries and the boat is built to withstand all sorts of indiscretions.

Oh dear, that's an unfortunate choice of words and not quite the correct reassurance that should have been used in my opinion also.

Sadly the impression I get is that the staff at Blakes/Hoseasons although experienced in their role are not experienced or experts in the field of boating or boats and this shows itself in some errors or judgements that I see crop up from time to time that I dont remember seeing say 20 years ago when the operations were ran with slightly different prorities and experience.

That said their marketing and business skills are on the whole very good to my mind and I think they do a good job, but I think it is a shame they (on appearances anyway) have replaced previous levels of experience/expertise with an over abundance of skills that seem to sit just a bit too heavily in one area, which shows itself when these poor judgements or basic errors come up.

Have you contacted Blakes with the quote and asked them to consider removing/replacing it?

All the best

Dan