Moorings And Things.

MauriceMynah

32 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

......piloting a 42 footer down Upton Dyke single handed in Summer could be interesting. Bow thrusters??

Good point. Though there is usually more room to turn in the summer when most of the Eastwood Whelpton boats are out. We first went down there out of season, luckily in a smallish boat, when their whole fleet was tucked up opposite the staithe. I think we took the precaution of turning the boat on it’s ropes rather than trying to manoeuvre. 

• Like 1

MM, if you can possibly drag yourself away from up North and come down South to the land of good pubs, Adnams and Green-Jack and the general lack of congestion that you are accustomed to above Potter then have a word with the Harbour Master at Oulton Broad re Colmans Corner & the Yacht Station. Colmans would be my choice, six pubs within easy walking distance as are several takeaways, most of which are very good. Also plenty of 24hr mooring to hop backwards and forth on, apart from the Norwich ones.

Guest Jayfire
14 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

MM, if you can possibly drag yourself away from up North and come down South

Also, when I was searching St Olaves Marina had moorings, although I can't confirm for a 42 footer. Again the downside, I might be moving there shortly :default_smiley-angelic002:

38 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I've just remembered, there's a new set of moorings near or at Oby dyke. Does anybody know anything about them?

I believe these are the ones that are a part of the Bureside holiday(caravan)park, I enquired about them in May/June '19. My memory is a tad fuzzy(I have spoken to many boatyards since!) but I think they run a 'season' from March to November so not sure what winter access is like. 

Worth a call though, great central location IMO.

32 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Who also own Acle Dyke I believe.

They do indeed:) I spoke to them a week or two ago but no moorings available.(for a Safari anyway).

10 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Also, when I was searching St Olaves Marina had moorings, although I can't confirm for a 42 footer. Again the downside, I might be moving there shortly :default_smiley-angelic002:

There is a fly-over within yards of the marina. The local boy racers and hard boys delight in clearing their carbs as they scream over the bridge during the otherwise quiet hours. A great mooring, for deaf folk! 

Guest Jayfire
Just now, JennyMorgan said:

There is a fly-over within yards of the marina. The local boy racers and hard boys delight in clearing their carbs as they scream over the bridge during the otherwise quiet hours. A great mooring, for deaf folk! 

Pardon?

2 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Must confess I've spent many a night on board there and never been woken once. Maybe the visit to The Bell first helps! You do occasionally hear the train depending on the wind and which end of the pontoon your moored. 

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
1 minute ago, JennyMorgan said:

:default_biggrin:

I find half a shandy before bedtime usually does the trick of drowning out the background noise