Freezing

PaulMargaret

One should never eat on an empty stomach. 

Food is nasty hard knobbly stuff, whilst your stomach is a soft and fragile part of your digestive system. It is essential therefore that hard knobbly food has a good reservoir of liquid to harmlessly splosh into.

It really is just logical common sense!

22 minutes ago, PaulMargaret said:

So left ludham this morning heading towards Neatishead but the 3 boats was heading in that direction and I know there are not many moorings so we have arrived at paddy Lane at Barton turf lovley quite place 

Have a walk through the village, I think it is one of the nicest on the northern Broads. Better in spring and summer of course as the gardens are really beautiful then. 

I think it's pretty strict, at least when there are still quite a lot of boats around. Not sure if that's the case in the winter on all the moorings but, even in winter, I've noticed that forum members take a dim view of boats that hog the 24hr moorings that have electric. However, a few weeks back, when we had those awful strong winds, I posted about being worried about moving the boat during the storm. The helpful BA spokesperson who sometimes posts here said that the BA would allow boats to overstay the 24hrs in those circumstances, as they wouldn't want people moving their boats if they thought it unsafe to do so.

Love those moorings. No shops but it is possible to walk to Neatishead. I haven’t done it but it looks like about a 30 minute walk according to Google Maps. Your other option would be to move on up to Richardson’s later and pop across to Tesco. 

22 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Me and Mrs Nog walked from the little mooring at Barton Turf to the White Horse :default_beerchug:

Took about 25 minutes from memory. 

Questions is - can you get from the Paddys Lane mooring to the road at Barton Turf or is Paddys Lane landlocked? 

DSC_1780.JPG

No there is a footpath to get to Barton turf car park 

• Thanks 1

...except in winter :default_biggrin:

Forget to mention excellent community owned (I believe) shop in Neatishead as well as the White Horse. Very pleasant walk from Barton Turf and takes you past millionaires row as you go into Neatishead. Another thing to spend the lottery win on. 

DSC_1714.JPG

DSC_1715.JPG

• Like 4

What a shame but possibly the best plan under the circumstances. At least you aren’t moored elsewhere with a long cruise back to base at some point. Could be a relaxing couple of days. I’m sure there will be lots of comings and going’s in that time. Hope you feel better soon. We’ve had good food at the Sutton Staithe Hotel over the last couple of years. 

• Thanks 1

I can sympathise over the back as an ex club cricketer and opening bowler both back and left knee totally shot!

However If the back is up to it Sutton Hotel is a short walk from Ricko’s and without the car you can indulge in the best pain relief I’ve ever found!  🤣

If enough pain treatment is administered the walk back will be a doddle!  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1