Norfolk Boat Jumble

RedRover

Date : 3rd of April - 3rd of April 2011

Time : 10:00 am till 03:00 pm

This is a very well established event run by Roger Bell and his family. This event draws large crowds of visitors from East Amglia, Essex and The Greater London area and is a must for anyone interested in boats.

Entry Price: Adult £3 Children Free

Free Parking

http://www.norfolkshowground.co.uk/even ... oat-jumble

Been looking forward to the showground boat jumble again this year, makes you feel the new season is just around the corner,most of us guys & some ladies love rumaging for odds & ends and other boaters junk, treasure's ! and maybe even picking up a right bargain, But what numbty scheduled the date for MOTHER'S DAY, how many of us guys can get away on this day, we have to spoil,wine & dine and maybe cook lunch for our Ladies/mothers and righty so, numbers are going to be down, someone should have checked their diary !!! :roll:

But what numbty scheduled the date for MOTHER'S DAY, how many of us guys can get away on this day, we have to spoil,wine & dine and maybe cook lunch for our Ladies/mothers and rightly so, numbers are going to be down, someone should have checked their diary !!! :roll:

Spot on, that lets us out, too... :cry

You're right, Rictic. It is a bit silly having it on Mothers Day, a fact I only just realised yesterday. Oh, well, that's another year I won't be going to the jumble, as we have already booked a table for my dear Mumsie at a restaurant!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
I fail to see the issue, what better place to take somebody for her Mothers Day treat? :naughty:

Now there`s a man who speaks plain good old common sense ;););)

Seriously though, we lost my Mum at the start of last year (the day before her 80th birthday whiich she so desperately wanted to celebrate), and i`l always believe i never made enough time for something as simple as a phone call. We should ALWAYS appreciate Mums and Dads, especially when they`ve done so much for us, so it is`nt too much to ask to miss just one boat jumble. Anyway, there will be others, but you may just have to drive a bit further. Regards to all ............... Neil.

Seriously though, we lost my Mum at the start of last year (the day before her 80th birthday whiich she so desperately wanted to celebrate), and i`l always believe i never made enough time for something as simple as a phone call. We should ALWAYS appreciate Mums and Dads, especially when they`ve done so much for us, so it is`nt too much to ask to miss just one boat jumble.

Neil.

Well said, Neil.

Mary-Jane's mother (87) broke her hip last week so we are spending lots of time with her...

As you say, there's always another boat jumble.

Well i know its mothers day, but you could always take her and then have a meal out. Who's going by the way????

I am not sure yet as i am behind with my boat preperations ready for its launch on monday so i am leaving it as late as

possible..

Went to day and met up with some friends and a few formulites including Captain Josh and Jo who helped while away the time in the queue.I managed to pick up some bargains,including a new fresh water pump from Brinckcrafts stall at a good price ,many bits and pieces that you just have to buy (although you have survived many years boating without ) and of course the mandatory hank of rope and another fender to add to the collection.In my view more stalls it seemed and better haggling prices ,but most important a good morning out and as the family had decided on having an excellent evening meal at the Rising Sun in Coltishall rounded off a good day.I must object most strongly to those that organise these things to have decided to have Mothers Day on the day of the Norfolk Jumble shows a lack of consideration for this traditional event on the first weekend in April. :grin::clap